twenty six - the new and improved diana

doctor kingsley walked up to diana with a cup of water and handed it to her, before sitting down next to her

doctor kingsley walked up to diana with a cup of water and handed it to her, before sitting down next to her. she grabbed the cup and took a sip, tears still streaming down her face. her blond hair had been tied in a messy bun, and her cheeks were stained red. "this is my fault," diana's father, henry assured while she slowly turned her head and looked at him.

"you never learned what love was. you never learned how a man and a woman should love each other because i left," he uttered, placing his elbows on his thighs and looking at the floor. "your mother never experienced real love, you never experienced real love,"

"i taught myself," she said, while frowning. "and mom did the same thing, we learned to adapt without you," he looked at her, his adam apple bobbing up and down before he nodded. "so you love him?" he asked, and diana slowly nodded, sighing. "yeah, i love him," she continued sobbing quietly, looking at a picture she took of him on her phone. her longing eyes capturing the dimples he wore in his cheeks while he flipped off the camera.

"the one thing i regret with your mother was not fighting for our relationship. now, i hear she's with someone else," he said before he placed his hand on top of hers. "don't make that mistake, diana. fight for him, fight for your love... fight for you,"

"he doesn't even want to see me," she placed her hands on her head. "i keep fucking everything up," he wrapped his arm around her shoulder and kissed her cheek. "i talked to this boy, a few days ago and he seemed like he was in love with you. he was willing to give you the love that i couldn't, i think he's the one for you. diana, you have the power to make things right with him, but what are you doing here?"

and that was all it took by for her to thank her dad and make her way to her car. as she drove home, she called him multiple times but he refused to pick up. when she got home, she called athena and rhea, no answer. she called marcellus and apollo, no answer. and lastly, she called reid again, no answer. she sighed, lying on her bed and sobbing to herself quietly. how her entire life had turned upside down and there wasn't anything she could do about it.

diana grabbed her diary, and opened it using the bookmark. one of the things she kept a secret was her diary, she wrote everything in it and she never told anyone. even her mother, her sister, or her best friends. she pulled out the sketches he had given her and closed her diary. as she grabbed his leather jacket, she sat on the comforter and cried, looking at the masterpieces he had given her.

there was nothing in this world that she hated more than herself.