Chapter Sixteen

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
THE RULES OF DIANA
NEW YORK, UNITED STATES

CHAPTER SIXTEENTHE RULES OF DIANANEW YORK, UNITED STATES

"You've been ignoring me,"

Reid flexed his jaw, closing his eyes and cursing to himself. Just fucking great. The girl strutted to him, while he refused to take his eyes off the ocean waves. Don't look at her, he reminded himself. Don't look at her and she won't bring you to your knees.

Diana innocently frowned, as she suddenly straddled his lap. He tried to look elsewhere but when she lifted his chin with her finger, he had failed. When his eyes settled on her emeralds, he knew he was sucked right back into her little trap.

"Tell me something, pretty boy. Why are we playing this dangerous game?" She whispered. He struggled to form words and ultimately decided not to answer, earning a small frown from The Queen.

"These past few months, you left me in the cold," She said, tilting her head downward. Her hands moved down his torso and he trembled under her touch. "I didn't like being left in the cold, Reid,"

"I think we should keep our distance-," He said, grabbing her hands and she narrowed her eyes. Diana's teeth sunk into her bottom lip before she stared kissing the corner of his mouth.

"No, none of that," He said, gently pulling her away from him. Now that she was looking into his eyes again, she pouted. Seducing Reid was going to be a lot harder than she imagined.

"You are not good for me and have only caused disasters. We have to ignore whatever the fuck is between us and stay out of each other's way. You need to listen to me when I say leave me alone. I've got a girlfriend now, I can't afford to have you fuck that up too,"

"You two are official, how disappointing," She sighed, her blonde hair brushing against his skin. "Why would you need anyone else when you have me?"

Reid suddenly grabbed her jaw, feeling his blood boiling inside. "Did you not just hear what the fuck I said? We are no good for each other. Go back to your shit face of a boyfriend. I'm not fucking with you, Blondie,"

He let go of her chin and she only nodded, a submissive glint in her eyes. Suddenly, her lips pulled themselves into a drunken smile. "I've missed you,"

He called out her name but it was too late. She began placing gentle kisses in the crook of his neck.

"Fuck," Reid gently closed his eyes while her lips worked on his neck. He knew it wasn't true but it was hard to think when she was right here, kissing his sensitive skin. It took him a few seconds to finally resist her and grab a handful of her blonde hair, pulling her head upwards.

"Stop lying to me, Diana," He demanded, his eyes growing darker every second. "You don't miss me. You hate me and I hate you. That's the way it's always been,"