Epilogue

hello everyone! this chapter will be comprised of entries in diana's diary

hello everyone! this chapter will be comprised of entries in diana's diary. there will be time skips so pay attention to the dates. also, covid doesn't exist in this book! before we start, i just wanted to say thank you for reading this book, it truly means a lot. we've been on this journey for a while and i'm sad to see it end. just kidding! diana and reid will return for another book, their love story isn't over yet.

diana's diary
august 12th, 2019

dear diary,

i finally moved into college and i was thinking on the drive down, about how much has changed. i still remember being a little girl and dreaming about what i wanted to be when i grew up. well, i'm here now and this is where my life truly starts. i'm glad, i can leave my past behind me, like the academy and the hierarchy. i don't want to be defined as the girl who created a caste system because she couldn't accept that everyone was equal.

and now i'm here, writing in my diary on my new bed in my new dorm at harvard. my roommate is pretty sweet, her name is daisy and we have a lot in common. she's blond, so we joke here and there about us being twins. most of my professors are rumored to be incredibly tough but i should have expected this because like was taking rigorous classes.

all of my friends from the academy are also adjusting to life in university. right now, it's a weird period because it's unlike anything we've ever seen. for once in our lives, we're on our own. if i need to head home for any reason, it's a 6-hour drive.

it's only been three days and i miss reid so much, we call and text each other every day but with different time zones, it makes it incredibly difficult. i'm just happy he's doing what he loves, even if it means he's on the other side of the world.

my first break is near thanksgiving so i will be heading back home around november. unfortunately, italy doesn't celebrate thanksgiving so i won't be able to see my boyfriend.

on the bright side, he's coming for christmas, and i'm counting the days down in the calendar. when he comes, i don't plan on letting him go, but for now, i guess phone calls and texts will have to do.

- best, diana

diana's diary
august 26, 2019

dear diary,

the first week has been absolute hell. all of my professors have given me nothing but assignment after assignment. i should have listened to the people that said harvard was not easy. i've been meaning to write in my journal for ages but i'm just been so busy with all the work they give us.

life isn't totally bad because reid and i spent the entire night talking to each other over the phone. since italy is six hours ahead, he was at class while it was night for me. i stayed up all night just so i could speak to him, but it was worth it. every day, he sends me pictures of his artwork and he always seems to paint the same thing—me.