thirty three - to the hamptons

diana sighed as she crossed off another day on the calendar on her desk

diana sighed as she crossed off another day on the calendar on her desk. after adjusting her reading glasses, she placed the red sharpie down, a small frown settling on her face. next to the calendar, was her acceptance letter to harvard. senior year had finished so fast, there were only a few more months left before she graduated. it seemed like just yesterday she just started 1st grade at the academy and now she was graduating. she never really believed it when people said high school when by fast, but now she couldn't agree more.

she looked at all the trophies she had won for cheer, memories flooding her mind. she also had a history with beauty pageants. in 2019, she was miss teen universe when she was only 16 years old. she was a typical girly girl, a diva that knew how to use her beauty for her benefit.

even with all the trophies and the sashes decorating her large room, her number one prize would always be the boy sleeping peacefully in her bed. she carefully grabbed the plate of burnt waffles, and walked closer to the small snores. this morning, she made sure to wake up early to make breakfast in bed. she didn't want to ask the kitchen staff because she felt it would mean more if she made it, even though she couldn't cook.

she called out his name but frowned when he gave her no response. she tried again, this time she tapped his shoulder repeatedly and he uttered a 'fuck' while rubbing his eyes.

"morning, handsome," diana said, as she opened the curtains, allowing the sunlight to shine into his honey eyes. he groaned in protest, and placed a pillow on his head before she grabbed it. "it's time to wake up, i made you some waffles—they are a little burnt though. i left them in the waffle maker for too long,"

"thank you blondie," he said, his eyes lids slowly falling again. she rolled her eyes, placed the plate on the bedside table, straddled his lap, and his eyes fluttered open immediately.

"fuck, baby," she blushed, realizing she was sitting directly on his legs and could practically feel his bulge from under her duvet. he lifted himself and connected their lips. they shared a slow kiss and he cupped her cheek gently before she broke away.

"you have to eat," she said, leaning over to grab the waffles as he buried his face in the crook of her neck and inhaled her scent. he wrapped her arms around her waist, and fought the urge to fall asleep right then and there. "that can wait," he muttered.

"it's already 11 am, and we have to leave by 12. come on, eat my waffles," she demanded, placing her hand on his chest and pushing his back. she handed him the plate of waffles, and the fork and knife that she made sure to grab from the kitchen.

"i was thinking of eating your other waffle," he winked at her, earning an embarrassed giggle while her cheeks turned red. she tried not to smile as she walked towards the mini-fridge, and pulled out a bottle of orange juice.