Chapter Three

CHAPTER THREE
THE RULES OF DIANA
NEW YORK, UNITED STATES

"Can I help you?" The Elite asked, her face stained with tears

"Can I help you?" The Elite asked, her face stained with tears. Reid's eyes moved around her beautiful face and he found himself struggling for words.

"God, my life is falling apart. First, my boyfriend cheats on me again then this low-life freak is talking to me," She whispered to herself before practically pushing past him.

"Hey," He called out for her before grabbing her forearm and turning her around. Diana instantly took a step back, disgust coating her features. "Don't you fucking touch me again,"

"Calm down blondie, I was just trying to—,"

"First of all, don't call me pet names or I will sue you.  Second of all, I don't need you to do anything. This isn't any of your damn business. I'm an elite, you're a nobody so remember your place," She demanded, before grabbing a wipe from her bag and cleaning the arm that he touched.

He only watched with confused eyes. Why the fuck was she acting so stuck up?

"I feel like I'm getting a disease just by breathing the same air as you," She cringed as Reid clenched his jaw. when he opened his mouth again, the door opened, and out walked Hayes and Jessica. When he saw his girlfriend, he offered her a small smile before hiding Jessica behind his body. Diana noticed the action and she only glared at him while crossing her arms.

"Hey, baby. I've been looking all over for you-,"

She raised a finger interrupting him. "Save it, hayes. I don't want to hear any of the bullshit that's about to come out of your mouth,"

"Diana, I just got caught up in the moment," Hayes took a step towards her but she took a step back. " You always seem to get caught up in the moment and it's always with Jessica. I will not be humiliated like this, I have a hierarchy to run and I won't let your stupid mistakes ruin my image,"

Diana walked out of the hallway, running her hands through her blonde hair. Jessica only rolled her eyes, placing a kiss on Hayes' cheek before walking off. Even though there were other people in the hallway, Reid only had his eyes trained on him.

The King cursed to himself while his eyes flickered to Reid, who only leaned against the wall. He shook his head before following after Diana until Reid stopped him, all just with one simple sentence. "I wouldn't do that if I were you,"

Hayes turned around and faced him, his eyebrows furrowed together. "The fuck did you just say to me? Who even are you?"

"Don't worry about me, we're talking about you," Reid chuckled, pushing himself off the wall. "What kind of man cheats on his girl, especially when she looks like that?"

"You need to mind your business, you fucking asshole," Hayes said, gaining the attention of the other people.

"I mean he's not wrong though," A girl yelled before Hayes narrowed his eyes at her, digging holes into her head. She shivered, pushing her friends in front of her.