Chapter Thirteen

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
THE RULES OF DIANA
NEW YORK, UNITED STATES

The Maxwell carried his bag as he walked into the library after school

The Maxwell carried his bag as he walked into the library after school. He sighed, pulling out a chair and sitting down. Today was the day that he was supposed to meet with his tutor.

"Reid?"

He looked behind him, gluing his eyes on the redhead in front of him. "Rebecca? Are you my tutor?"

"I guess so," She smiled softly, sitting next to him. "I know you don't want to see me again but—,"

"Let's just get this over with, okay?" He interrupted earning a small nod before she opened the textbooks. For the next couple of hours, Rebecca retaught the boy everything in the current chapter of Anatomy and it seemed to be going well until it was time for the review.

"Tissue level?" Rebecca asked as he crumbled a piece of paper into a ball, throwing it into the air.

"an organ," He rolled his eyes, earning a glare from the girl.

"No, Reid. It's a group of cells that share the same function. Now, what about the integumentary system, what does it do?"

"Digests food," he sighed, running his hands through his hair. Rebecca sank back into her seat, her lips forming a line. "It controls body temperature and protects the body from environmental hazards. You have to take this seriously,"

"Why am I getting tutored on a subject I don't give a shit about?" He threw the paper ball into the air again, before Rebecca caught it. "You need credits from the class to graduate. which means doing the work and paying attention,"

The girl threw it into his trash bin, next to the table, and faced him again. "Do you want to go to college?"

"I never really thought about it," He said, rubbing the back of his neck. "My grandfather thinks I should go but I just don't really care about it, you know?"

The girl felt her body tense up. No one at golden skies was like Reid. Every student wanted to go to college and become a successful CEO, doctor, lawyer, etc.

"Yeah," She lied. "I get it,"

The Maxwell's phone rang, while they looked away from each other. Rebecca's eyes slowly moved over to the nude picture on Reid's phone, before he picked it up and licked his lips. "Tell Kimberly you're studying. Perhaps, she can wait to send nudes until after we're done?"

She took his phone and placed it on the table. "Now, let's continue,"

"Rebecca. I don't think I can do this," He said, shrugging. The girl placed her hands on his shoulder, forcing him to look at her. "You're only against yourself. The enemy is the en—e-my. Repeat after me: the enemy is the inner me,"

"The enemy is the inner me?" he mumbled, seeing no point in this.

"Louder," Rebecca demanded. Reid sighed and rolled his eyes. "the enemy is the inner me,"