CHAPTER-1: SURVIVE

"e-eomma........ eomma, eo-mom-a(mom)" tears were flowing down my eyes.

I was tightly holding oppa's hand, as if my whole life depends upon it.... well it wasn't a lie either.

The smoke billowed black across the room, filling my lungs. The coughing was intense as were the tears that washed over my eyes. I was unable to breathe.

I said while coughing heavily "op... oppa, I-I am unable to brea-athe. This smell is going into my nose. Where i-is the smoke co-oming from?"

" y/n, we need to go to eomma. Ok?" Oppa said while tightening his grip on my hand, giving me an assurance that he was there and I was safe. Though his words should make me feel a little easy but the feeling of something bad was going to happen was intensifying.

His voice sounded like the words were formed of smoke, his lungs charred.The air smelt of burning, acrid, chemical infused and choking - no wonder oppa could barely speak.

" y/n, kook..... don't come here, it's not safe.... Run outside." I heard eomma shouting but I was unable to see her.

"eomma, we are coming to you, please wait." I plead in my childishness.

"No! No I said, no matter where you are right now .just. run. outside. You both have to survive... you both have to live for me my love run. At any cost you have be safe." She shouted, her voice was sounding like she was crying.

" Eomma I am scared..." I started crying. It was impossible to hold it more, even for a second.

" but eomma you-" Oppa tried to explain.

" why aren't you both listening to me. Get out of here right at the instance. This is an order kook...... now. Take y/n and leave right now." Eomma shouted again and this time she accentuated on her words, even more that oppa couldn't oppose.

" Eomma! I am scared. Let's not play this game anymore. Eomma come out please." I cried.

" Kook take y/n outside now." This time she said slowly, may be she wasn't able to shout more.

We rushed towards the main door, it was all dark and smoky, we crashed into the door and then all black out.

" y/n... y/n.. kido, stay here. I am going to find eomma. I'll come back. I promise. Wait for me, okay?" he asked me. I barely opened my eyes.

"ok y/n? Wait here." I slightly nodded.

I saw him running towards the furiously burning house.

After a while, when there was no one by my side. When I was all alone in the garden with my wet cheeks. I was terrified. He was not coming out as he promised, neither he nor eomma ..no one.

I tried to stand up. My body was paining. My kee and elbow were bleeding, my clothes were dirty and torn. I hate it this way.

I wanted to go to chimmy and tell him what all was happening here. I want to cry. Can his cold friend save oppa?

"Oppa.... eomma. Come out, please ,the door is open."  I was shouting, pleading, crying. I wasn't aware what I was crying at.. may be on my helplessness.

In front of my eyes, my house was burning. The fire was increasing rapidly. I was able to feel the heat all over my body even being that far from it. I couldn't bare to see that destruction anymore. I closed my eyes, my voice was trembling and I was still calling for them but then there was an extremely loud noise.

I opened my eyes with a thud. Sweat was rolling down my forehead. My heart was beating so fast that it could jump out of the chest or could break one of my rib. I put my hand on my chest to calm my uneven breath. It was all dark around me. I switched on the lights. I was..... I was in my room. The big, large white room.

I helded the bedsheet tightly. My eyes were still watery. The feeling was awful and terribly painful.

It was same..... the same nightmare all over again. This was not the first time I saw this dream.

Why this dearm?

Why was there always eomma and oppa?

What's with that burning house?

....ah. I didn't know.

It was 5:34 am. It was not too early, so I decided not go to bed again. I made my way to the window.

The sun was no where yet. The sky was little red, showing the sun was on his way to lighten this world with new hopes.

Soon the sun rays came coming as nature's easel, giving brilliant colour to what was hidden even under the passing starlit night. The sky was a billion pure eyes of light and the grass green underfoot, it was as if night and day had become one beautiful moment. Dawn had come.

The wind was gently brushing my face. I was smiling at the beauty of the nature. Finally my heart came to a normal pace. The awfulness filled inside me was fading with every new second of this day.

Suddenly, to spoil the beauty of my solitude, there was a knock on the door. I flinched as I was deep in my thoughts of a beautiful life, life behind these walls.

I answered the knock."yes?"

The atmosphere covered with a complete silence.

"miss, are you up? " a voice came from the next side of the door.

"yes, come in" I said. The door opened exposing a smiling face, aunt Cho.

"Good morning y/n, a very happy birthday to you" she bowed me, another maid followed her.

I smiled at her and replied "Good morning aunt Cho, thank you so much. As always you are the first one to wish me."

She gave me a smile which was full of sympathy. She was one of the people who knew how much I hate the life inside this beautiful cage.

"Y/n... boss jeon will be back today and there is a party on his welcome and your birthday." she informed me.

"ah...yes , I remember" I replied.

" The party will be hosted at 8 o'clock at night. And Boss Jeon will be arriving by 5 o'clock." She completed her information.

"Oky. I'll keep in mind" I said.

" please be ready for the breakfast. I should take a leave now if you want anything then please call me." She said and I nodded in return. She bowed me and left the room.

So, it was my birthday today. Happy birthday y/n. This was the first time my father would be there with me on my birthday. I closed the window and made my way to bathroom.

It was past 7:30 when I last saw the time. Again there is a knock on the door.

"yes?" I questioned.

A voice came from the other side of the door, " miss, breakfast is ready. Will you come down or shall I bring it to your room?"

" hmmmm.... I will come to the dining table." I said.

" ok miss..." she said and then I heard the footsteps going away from the door.

Suddenly my phone started ringing...

PREVIEW: are they only seven? are you kidding me?

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hey there..... yes you my dear readers. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and ya don't forget to vote this chapter.

And there is also a kind request of mine to you all.... though I have edited chapter many times. But still if you find any error. Please do tell me. I really need you help.

Your dear friend
💫whiteLight
💜