Chapter 35 Repairing a Damaged Relationship

Scarlett's POV

We were all sitting at the table eating dinner well I was sorta eating but mostly just sitting watching everyone else eat. I'm gonna have to go to the police soon, like tomorrow soon. I started unconsciously scratching the back of my neck.
"Scar"
I looked up at Amy and put my hand down. We finished eating and I went to my room and sat on the floor near my bed. It's Tuesday night and I can't skip another day of school. And Avery can't skip another day of work. Why is all of this happening? I started scratching again when Amy walked in.
"Hey"

"Hey" I said looking up at her.

Our relationship has been really strained because of what happened at our foster house a few months ago. Not mention me running away the other day. I want to go back to how things were before we go into that fight.
"How are you doing?" She said sitting down next to me.
"I'm okay" I said looking down. It was obvious I was lying and I know Amy knew that.
"I can see that your not. Do you wanna talk about it?"

Maybe talking to her might repair our relationship. It might help us trust each other again.
"Okay"

"What's going on?"

"I'm really stressing out about going to the police. I know I can't miss another day of school and Avery can't keep missing work. I feel like such a burden" I said as I started scratching again.
"Your not, I promise. You know, every time you get stressed or start over thinking things you start scratching the back of your neck?"

I realized I was doing it again and put my hand down. "It's a habit I guess. I hate feeling like this"

"I'm here for you. I know after what happened at our foster home we haven't really talked much. I want you to be able to trust me Scar. I can see when your hurting and I hate when I can't help. I know it's hard what your going through. I know how bad it feels. But you don't have to carry it alone. Your not a burden or a mistake. Your not crazy and your not alone. We're here to help, so let us"

I could feel tears rolling down my cheeks. I've missed talking to Amy. She's always done a good job of keeping me hoping. Hoping that one day things will be stable, and I'll really be okay. She's always been there. I can't believe I've been subconsciously pushing her away all this time.
"Okay. I'll try" I said somberly.

"That's all we need- That's all I need" She said pulling me me into a hug. This talk felt like a release of pressure that had been building up inside me for months now. I'm happy I can talk her again. We sat there for awhile and eventually I felt myself drift off to sleep.
**********
Avery POV

I finished cleaning the table and went into Amy and Scarlett's room to check on them. When I walked in I saw them both on the floor. Amy looked up at me and said "I think she fell asleep"

I leaned up against the door frame and looked at Scarlett. "What were you guys talking about?" I said curiously.

"Obviously exhausting topics" She said looking down at Scar.

"She finds everything exhausting"

"She really does"

I smiled to myself. I'm happy their getting along. "Well make sure she gets into bed tonight"

"Okay. Goodnight"

"Goodnight"

I closed the door and walked out. It's good their repairing their relationship, after all they've been through, they need each other.
********************************************

I just needed a nice lil break chapter. A short one that was nice and nothing terrible happened. Kinda like the calm before the storm. Ig that's what this was, but I hope you enjoyed this short breather chapter, cause things are gonna get messy again soon. No but really hope you enjoyed, bai😅