Chapter 24 Back to School

Avery's POV

It's been a few weeks after me and Jamie won custody of Scarlett and Amy. Things have been going pretty smoothly. Scarlett has been doing good, she's not cutting or drinking and I made sure there was no alcohol in the house so things should be fine with that. Amy is starting to return to her old jolly self and I'm happy that everyone's getting along.

School will be starting for them soon so today we decided to go back to school shopping. Scarlett was slugging along half asleep as I expected and Amy was super excited. I graduated last year and went straight into animation. I'm working at dreamworld studios and my boss is super lenient as long as the work gets done.

"Ughhhh why are we doing this" Scarlett said

"Because you guys need supplies for school"

"Come on Scar cheer up, how is this not as fun for you as it is for me?"

"Because unlike you, I don't have rose tented glasses on when I'm in school. Plus people actually like you"

"People like you too"

She looked at Amy like she had just said the sky was purple.

"You guys stay right here I have to call Chad"

"Who's Chad?" Amy said

"He's my boss, I have to finish a project by the end of this week"

"Whatever" Scarlett said
************
Scarlett's POV

Avery just walked away to call her boss. I can't believe she actually won us. I'm still is shock.

"Scarlett do you think I should get a yellow or pink folder?"

"I don't know or care dude"

Just then Avery came back around the corner and we finished our back to school shopping.
*************
On our way back "I was thinking about how much I missed alcohol. Its like I know its bad and I know I have an addiction but it just feels so good. The way vodka burns your insides and how good champagne tastes when you swirl it around in your mouth before swallowing it"

"Uh what? Please don't tell me your thinking about getting drunk Scar" Avery said

I was so lost in thought I didn't realize I was talking out loud.

"Fuck" I face palmed

"Scarlett you know, if your thinking about drinking you should text your therapist"

"I didn't mean to say that out loud. I'm not thinking about drinking"

Amy cut in and said "Scarlett you literally just said how much you missed drinking"

"Ugh, I didn't mean to say that out loud! I'm not thinking about drinking. It's this new medication I'm taking for my anxiety. It's making me say things out loud when I'm deep in thought"

"That wasn't one of the side effects Scar. Are you feeling ok?"

"Jesus Christ how did this all spark from one thought"

"We're here. Let's sit for a minute and finish this conversation"

They both turn around to look at me and at this point I'm trying to think of something to say to get them to stop interrogating me.

"I just wanna make sure your doing ok Scar"

"Sigh" I rub my eye and say I'm just tired

"Your always tired but you've never blurted out the things you were thinking about before" Avery said

"Except that one time when you were super stressed about that math test you started saying things you were thinking about" Amy said

They are relentless. In any other situation no one would think twice about what I said. But these two know how to read me like a book. I started thinking about Matt while wondering what to say to them. Thinking about him helps me stay calm, after all he is the sweetest guy I've ever met. "I can't wait till I'm able to be alone with him again" I quickly realized what I said and turned bright red. I opened the door and got out the car.

"Fuck fuck fuck, why did I say that"

"Are you talking about Matt?" Amy asked

"I'm going inside" I looked down because I did not want to see the looks on their faces. Why the hell did I say that? I need to stop thinking before something else I don't want them to hear comes out.

We were all standing in the elevator and I could feel their grins. "I'd rather them lecture me  about how dangerous alcohol is then let them know about my sex life or currently lack there of" I looked up to see them both blushing and I realized I said that out loud.

"To whatever god there is, now would be a good time to kill me. Like I'm ready. You can take me now"

Just then the elevator stoped between floors. And now we're stuck. We pressed the emergency button and Jamie texted Avery to tell her they said they'd be about 30 mins because they were responding to another call.

I walked up to one of the elevator walls and just banged my head on it.

"Why. Why. Why. Why."

"Scarlett, were you really thinking about sex just then?" Avery asked me

I sat on the floor and stared at the corner of the elevator continuing to decay on the inside.

"You know it'll be awhile before you guys are able to...um...you know..be alone with each other"

"I'm aware"

Amy started giggling. I looked at her red in the face and said to stop laughing.

"Scarlett, I'm sorry but when your embarrassed about things like this it is so funny"

"Your one to talk, you sleep with different guys every night"

"Ok one I stopped doing that, and two I'm older than you thus more mature"

"Neither of you should be having sex at your ages"

"Awww are you jealous? Is Jamie not giving you any?" I have no idea where that confidence came from.

"I'm not allowed to discuss my sex life with you guys"

"Oh come on, me and Scarlett have been an open book"

"Not by choice" I said

"Still, what's your sex life like Avery?"
Amy was laying on the floor with both her feet on the walls, I was in the corner near the door and Avery was against the back wall.

"My sex life is fine you too now can we change the subject"

"Are you being safe?" I asked her while smiling because she asked the exact same thing a month ago.

"Yes. Now, Scarlett whats going on with you?"

I crawled over and rested my head on her legs.

"I have no idea why I keep blurting out the random thoughts that I have"

Amy sat up and sat next to me.
"Are you stressed about something?" She asked

"I don't know maybe"

"Well what's been bothering you?"

I sat up and looked at them. "All these rules. I can't cut I can't drink I can't have sex I can't even take a walk by myself"

"Those rules are there to keep you and Amy safe"

"I know it's just hard having all those things taken away from me all suddenly"

"I know"

Just then the elevator doors opened and we were able to get out. I went straight to bed because I didn't want to continue the conversation.
********************************************
I honestly don't know why I wrote this like this like what the heck? Kinda quaking but it's cool. Hope you enjoyed😉