Chapter 23 The final verdict

We back into court today for the final verdict. Our lawyer stepped up and started by saying how fit we were to be parents and how those group homes weren't a good environment for Amy and Scarlett.
"I see that Scarlett has a history of self harm and suicidal tendencies. How can Avery and Jamie manage her when not even a state hospital could?"

"When Scarlett's with her sisters, she's able to talk things out and come to safe and effective solutions. She loves her sisters more than anything in the world and she really does well with them. Her sisters have been able to manage as you said, her better than anyone else."

The other lawyer stepped up and said some nonsense about how I'm still a kid and how I really am unfit to take care of my sisters. I know they'll be safe with me. And I know they'll be a lot happier with me.

"Just give them a chance your honor"

The judge sat and thought for a second before speaking.
"Ok, I grant Avery Martin and Jamie Laso custody of Amy and Scarlett Martin"

Me and Jamie hugged and I could see how happy Scarlett and Amy were.
"Now the conditions of your custody. Amy and Avery should be in weekly counseling, no drugs or alcohol should be in the house, if me or a social worker find you unfit we'll put Amy and Scarlett back into foster care. Do you both understand and accept the conditions of the custody agreement?"

"Yes" Me and Jamie said, and just like that it was over. We left with both my sisters. We thanked my lawyer and headed toward Scarlett's foster home to pick up her stuff.
Me and Scarlett got out and headed into the house to pick up the stuff. When we got to her room she hugged me and said thanks.
"I'm happy that I'm able to get you and Amy out of these situations"

"Thank you so much"

I hugged her tighter and we started packing up all her things. It only took 5 minutes because she didn't have much stuff.

We got back into the car and headed to Amy's foster home. Her and Jamie went in while me and Scar stayed until the car.
"How the hell did you manage to pull this off? I'm still racking my brain trying to figure it out"

"I have no idea Scar"

Then Amy and Jamie came back with all her stuff and we left and went to get some food. We stopped by a burger place and ate, then we headed home and I show them their new rooms. They both were excited and even though Scarlett was trying to hide it, I could tell she was happy.

They unpacked their stuff and got settled in. We were finally a family again.
********************************************
And das it for court, ik it wouldn't be like this irl but I'm lazy so just deal with it;)