Chapter 17 Secrets

After all the stuff that happened yesterday I just need some time to myself to relax. But everyone is this house is constantly checking up on me to see what I'm doing. I just need a break from this suffocating attention.
**********
Amy walked into my room this morning and she is the last person I wanna see right now.

"Hey"

I rolled over in bed so I wasn't looking at her.

"Come on, are you seriously gonna ignore me?"

I didn't say anything. I just need a break from hearing people talk.

"Fine, I'll see you later"
And she left.

I sighed and got up because I was tired of sitting in the house all day. I put on a gray hoodie and some sweatpants and went downstairs. Today's Saturday so everyone was home. I said good morning to Stan and Adam and got some water. Amy came downstairs but I wasn't gonna be talking to her anytime soon. I started heading for the front door when of course Adam stopped me.

"Where are you going?"

"Out"

"Maybe Amy should go with you"

Those words just made my blood boil. It felt like little knives in my ears. I tried to keep my calm as I took a deep breath and responded.

"Why would Amy need to come with me"

Amy looked at me and Adam, sighed and went upstairs.
"Your safety is my number one priority"

"I'm leaving" And I walked out the door but of course Adam followed me.
"Either you take Amy with you or you stay inside. End of discussion"

I couldn't care less about his threats and kept walking. He went inside and I guess he asked Amy to follow me because next thing I knew she was right behind me.

"Are we gonna talk about last night"

"No."

"Fine then"

And we walked in silence for another ten minutes before she spoke again.

"Where are you going"
I didn't answer that one.
"I want to be alone Amy"

"I can't leave you alone"
That pissed me off even more. I started walking faster.
"You have made it so we have to watch you all the time"

"What is your problem!!" I turned around and yelled at her.

"My problem?!? I'm just trying to talk to you and your getting all upset"

"You know what, fuck you"

"Are you kidding me"

"I just wanted some time to myself and now I have to deal with you"

"Well I'm sorry I'm such a bother"

"Go home Amy"

"I don't care how mad you are at me, I'm not just gonna walk away"

"Can you just leave me alone!!"

"No. I can't"
This infuriates me even more and I start running. And Amy chases after me.

"Leave me alone!!"

I stop running as I know it's no use. She was right behind me and she's stronger and faster.