XLI

"Making Way"

April 27th
________

"So when you going forgive Corbyn?" I asked Micah while I held baby blu in my other hands as we waltz through the park.

"Soon." She said going through the rack of clothes avoiding sudden eye contact with me.

"How soon?" I stood in front of her but she mushed me out the way.

"Why do you all just burden me with questions about my relationship, we're fine like we are." She shrugged.

"We're concerned for Blu and I mean in all honesty the kid isn't his which is pretty evident so what's taking you so long to be a family again?" I told her.

"If he could keep his dick in his pants then we would be together right now." I covered Blu's ears after Micah's inappropriateness.

"You can't be serious Micah." I rolled my eyes.

"I'm so fucking serious Chase! What would you do if someone you love had a kid on you." She rushed through the clothes as you could tell this topic was severely bothering her. "You would leave him right, exactly." She said.

"Your mad and I understand that but that's exactly why your twisting things up in your head to fit your narrative." I put Blu down as she tried to walk around. "You know Corbyn didn't know he had another kid and if he did I'm sure he would've been took care of him." I rolled my neck.

"But to each its own." I said walking away as Micah bit down on her thumb.

Micah knew she was wrong for how she handled the situation even though I would've been a bit angry myself but there's a better way to go about things like this and pushing him out of your life isn't one of them.

She rushed through the sets of clothes particularly the dresses. I looked around the store as well but then I noticed the frown that was left on Micah's face but it wasn't the ordinary sad face. It was the face of pure guilt and I've seen it before.

I put blu back in her stroller as she kept reaching for her bottle. Babysitting blu made me think further about my future. I knew I was gay and that I couldn't "produce" children with a man but since there was other ways and being a kid who grew up in foster care from time to time it made me want to adopt or take kids out of that crucial system.

I wanted to talk with my mother again especially about these things and gain a relationship but she didn't accept me as who I am or as her son and if she did I would've never felt abandoned nor be left in foster care while she hangs around all her men who would only use her for sex and money. She traded me in for a piece of dick and I could never forgive her for that.

I leaned on the store's wall looking at myself in the mirror as I was deep in my thoughts. Pushing the stroller back and forth I've yet again stepped out of reality. A soft cold hand interlocked with my hands as I opened my eyes to see who it was. I looked down at a chubby-faced beautiful woman who gave birth to my Godchild.

"You ready to go?" She rubbed her thumb against my hand as she could feel the pain reaping through my body.

I nodded my head and unlock the stroller as we left out the store. A lady walked out in front of us first as her hands were tucked in her pockets the alarm all of sudden went off and we were immediately stopped by the manager.

"Excuse me, I have to check both of you guys' pockets." A white lady folded her arms as the buff security guard came behind her sizing me and Micah up.

"I think you may have the wrong person ma'am because we wouldn't even do that type of stuff we were just looking at things." Micah spoke up.

"Yeah cut the sweet talk we know your people are always up to something you're lucky we even let you people inside." The white woman said as she motioned the bodyguard towards us.

"The fuck she means" your" people?" I blurted out.

I and Micah looked at each other confused. I've been racially profiled a few times in my life but never from a white woman.

"I'm going to need you to step back sir so we can check your pockets." The bodyguard sized me up as he tucked his hand on his gun.

"You can check me all you want because I know I'm innocent." I shrugged putting my hands up.

As he started to check my pockets and patted my whole body. He started grabbing a hold of my crotch even though I liked men this felt uncomfortable as hell. I mushed his hand away from me.

He picked up his walky-talky and spoke something into it but I couldn't hear him. That's when I looked over and saw a whole bunch of other security coming this way.

One of them pushed Micah into the wall and put her arms behind her and then slamming her into the floor. She screamed out as he had one knee in her stomach.

I tried to grab her and push them off of her but the officer grabbed me from behind and threw me on the ground.

"We didn't even do anything!" I yelled out.

"Shut the fuck up and stay on the ground." He yelled back in my ear. After that everything shut down in my body I felt defeated and attacked for no apparent reason once again.

All you could hear was the loud cries from Blu seeing her mother on the ground crying for help. No child wants to see their mother that way or anybody.

"Take the kid and shut it up!" One officer yelled back at the other one.

"Don't ya dare touch my child!" Micah screamed out at them but he smashed her face into the ground again.

A crowd started to form around us with cameras but no one was trying to step in to help. Just another group of people who loved to see my people in pain.

A man ran through the mall with pure anger and it seemed like he had a group of guys behind him. I couldn't get a good look at him since the officer had his knee on my neck. But he looked so familiar and was coming this way.

"Let them go!" Corbyn rushed to us as the security backed away once they saw all the real "police" come through.

They ushered the security to the other side as they were being locked up for unnecessary assault. I looked over at Micah, Corbyn, and Blu as they were all hugging each other with tears.

I felt myself tearing up but not from sadness it was pain and I felt body shutting all the way down until I collapsed on the floor.

...

To be continued..

I know it's been a while since I've updated this book but please forgive me y'all I've been stressed with school. This one is short but I wanted to get it out for you all❣️

Hope you guys enjoy and stay safe!