XV

July 25th_______

July 25th
_______

"Are you going to break up with her?" Eve asked tapping her slides on the hospital floor. She's been here since I've got shot well since she was the one who I called first on the day of.

Micah was here yesterday evening and she's been on my mind ever since. We already kinda broke up already I guess I just would have to make it official to her but as of now I didn't want her around me.

"Yeah I already did Eve." I said getting up out of the hospital bed to do a daily walk. "It's even crazier that I was falling in love with shorty too." Eve came over and helped me up. They had shot me in the back but the bullet didn't go all the way through which is why I had to go into surgery. I've been dealt with gangs and shit but I had left all that back in early high school.

"Ok I'm not going to argue with you about this but do you really think this was Micah?" Eve asked holding onto my hand while we walked around the room.

"I know it wasn't her." I groaned because it still burned moving around a bit but if I stay on these meds I'll be discharged tomorrow. "So then why are you blaming her then?" Eve looked at me.

"Even if it wasn't her they still want her head out here and I don't wanna deal with that again Eve." I said as she helped me sit back down.

"They Don't want her, they want her uncle!" Eve said frustrated from the conversation so she raised her voice. "They gon kill her Corbyn." She said.

I ignored her and grabbed the medication pills they prescribed me and took two of em. I didn't want to continue with the conversation about Micah. We're not together anymore so it shouldn't even matter.

"So you just gon ignore me?" Eve was sitting on the edge of the bed. "I care about the both of y'all." She said.

I just shrugged my shoulders because in all honestly, I didn't even care anymore. I feel the whole relationship was just a mistake. She was just too young for me and I should've just stuck to the women I've been messing with before.

"Eve ion even wanna talk about the shit." I said drinking out my water bottle.

"Whatever Corbyn, I'm not letting them kill my best friend." She shrugged moving back to her seat that was in the corner as my mother came into the room.

"You feeling ok baby?" My mother went over to me and asked while she rubbed my forehead. "Ma I ain't sick." I said as moved her hand away.

"Boy stop playing with me and lemme take ya temperature." She said grabbing her thermometer out her purse that she always kept.

"Ma leave me alone." I said as the doctor came inside with the clipboard.

"Hello Mr.Meadows I have some good news for you this evening." The doctor said flipping through the papers on his clipboard.