XII

"Eve"

"Eve"

July 19th
—————

I stopped and put my water bottle down on the ground and started doing my squats while everybody else was jogging past me.

"Twenty two, Twenty three." I counted in my head. I was only going up to 50 it helped me keep my shape good if I did more than the usual.

I picked my water bottle back up and then kept jogging back down the park pathway.

A few minutes passing by...

"Damn you late as hell shorty." He chuckled getting off the bars after he did a few hanging bar crunches as his dark-toned abs glistened from the sun beaming off it.

"You was trying to kill me, sorry not sorry." I said while we walked back to his car together.

He laughed as he opened up the passenger door for me and I got in as he walked over to his side.

"Alright imma drop you off now and still we on for tonight right?" He said.

He asked me out to dinner after we followed each other on Instagram and we talked for a couple of days and I guess you can say I'm feeling him a little bit but I don't know if it's coming from the lack of love from Shawn or that these are my true feelings.

"Yeah of course you know I'll take free food whenever." I laughed as he pulled up in my driveway.

"Ok lil girl, get out so I can watch you go in." He said unlocking the door.

"Don't rush me, you know you going miss all this." I hopped out the car looking back at him as he stared at me while I blew him a kiss.

"Yeah I'm already missing you." He smirked licking his lips as I left walking up the driveway.

I opened the door and went inside and then waved bye at him when he pulled off in his black Range Rover.

My mother stood at the living room chair watching me as I came inside and I knew that stare from a mile away.

"Who the fuck was that Evia Marie Meadows?" My mother asked with her hands crossed. She always seemed to forget that I was 19 and not 9.

"He was a friend mother chill out." I said grabbing my purse off the floor.

"Yeah a friend alright, Is he fucking you?" She said as I was now at the top of the stairs.

I looked at her with disgust because every guy I was around she automatically thought I was fucking him even Chase and he's not even into women.

"You know what, leave me alone." I said going into my room muffling her exaggerated yelling through the door.

She must've woke up on the wrong side today and I wasn't about to argue with her every second. I love my mom but sometimes she was always in my business.