VIII

"Eve"

"Eve"

July 13th
—————

"Baby Ima be back home soon, don't worry." Shawn pleaded through the phone. They talked here and there when Shawn got the chance to talk on the phone since he was in jail.

Eve's tears kept cascading down her cheeks, she was hurt that he got caught and she wanted him back in her presence so bad but she was going to be strong with whatever it takes to see her baby.

"Ok I love you, be safe." Eve said as her voice cracked and the call ended before he could say it back.

"Thank you for calling Florida County Penitentiary dial ###-###-6345  for any answers or questions on inmate calling services."

I put my phone down getting up to leave out since I had college courses with Micah in 30 minutes. She was downstairs hanging with Corbyn who's she been with a lot lately but I wasn't going to be mad and have her pick a side between us.

Speak of the devil..

Corbyn came busting in my room with a wife beater and grey shorts that sagged every time he tried to pull them up.

"Who invited you in here?" I said grabbing my PINK jacket off my closet door and putting it on.

He plopped down on my queen size bed making his self comfortable like all the time as if this was his room.

"I did the fuck." He said fiddling with his gold chain around his neck. 

Corbyn and I was very much alike which made us hate each other even more because we both were bipolar, attitudes and had bad tempers. He was just more calmer and I was labeled the hyper one.

Lately he's been getting real smart and personal with it and I haven't clocked him on it yet but he just kept pushing my buttons.

"If you have something to say...say it, If not get the fuck out Corbyn!" I yelled pointing to the door. I was so done with everybody at this point I just couldn't hold my anger in. Corbyn mugged me with his nonchalant attitude and stood up to leave.

I guess I woke up my family as my mother came waltzing in my room before Corbyn had the chance to leave. It was unusual for our mother to get in between our arguments since she stated we were grown now but this time she was over it.

"Uhn unt y'all both better sit y'all asses down and listen to me." She said leaning on the door with her pink robe and bonnet on to match.

I took a seat at my vanity desk and Corbyn sat back down on my bed. "It was all her ma." Corbyn spoke up and said.

"Shut the fuck up and grow up." I said throwing a bottle at him.

She looked at us both with disappointment because both of her eldest children have been fighting for years and she thought it would stop by the time we got older.