XXXVIII

2 weeks later...

April 15th
________

"Damn you fucked up big time and I was just bout to take sum advice from you." My lil brother EJ ranted on shaking his head.

"EJ sometimes I just want you to shut the fuck up." I said as my son grabbed my hand tightly when we crossed the street.

"Don't be mad at me because ya girl don't want you back." He shrugged.

"Dada where we goin?" My son pointed at all the cars as we made it across the streets.

"I'm taking you home today lil man." I scratched his head as he leaned on my leg. We clicked right when we first met each other it was like he knew I was his dad. Him and Blu would be around me on the same weekend so it was cool seeing him being a big brother to her. The only problem was that I ain't truly feel like he was my biological kid we ain't look shit alike. "Ion wanna go home dada." He said running to the car.

"I thought you was tired of me lil man." I picked him up placing him in the booster seat handing him the McDonalds we had picked up.

In all honesty I didn't have a problem with being a father to him. His mother was a pain in the ass though tryna make me pay for all her other children I wasn't like her other baby fathers they stayed in the hood all up in drug businesses while I got out of that shit finally making a life of my own. I feel like she just want me back for my bread for real.

Micah on the other hand was all on social media trying to make me jealous with all this "single" bullshit she keep posting. I missed her deeply but I knew it was going to take awhile before I get her back so I was just going have to get used to this. I still had the engagement ring in the drawer for her but it ain't even got no use now.

"Nigga is you gon drive or what?!" EJ threw his AirPod out. I was laying on the window all in my head forgetting that I had to take my son home.

"Sorry, what you in a rush for?" I started up the car.

"I'm tryna see them girls over there where "lil man" live at you know the ones with all the ass and that."  He chuckled. 

"Your like 16 who the fuck finna get on your lil scrawny ass." I laughed looking at him tryna flex.

"Scwany pants." My son laughed back there with me.

"Ayo don't make me come back there and throw them nuggets out the window, lil nigga." EJ looked back at him and said.

I popped EJ in the head after he said that. "Don't be talking to my son like he one of ya niggas." I told him.

"Man whatever." EJ shrugged.

"So who's the girl? You not into girls your age anymore." I asked him as we pulled up into some dingy apartments.

"I mean you liked cougars at 16 so what's wrong with me hittin on a 20 year old." EJ said. He had a point but I didn't want him to get to caught up with them teaching him shit he ain't supposed to know yet since he's already got a bad mouth on him. "EJ there's pretty girls your own age..I get you a guy and all but you need to slow down." I told him.

"Don't nobody wanna take after you Corbyn that's what ya keep thinking about ima do what I want regardless." EJ said as he hopped out the car to bring my son to his apartment while his mother waited on the porch.

I wasn't really there for EJ which is why our relationship was pretty iffy and I could understand if he felt a certain way towards me especially since we didn't grow up with the same mothers. I never knew the kid I taught basketball to was going end up being my brother after all.