IV

June 18th

June 18th.
—————

"Hey baby?" Nia walked into my townhome with her daughter on her hip. "Nia what you doing here?" I asked her sliding my glasses on my face. "What you mean?" She said.

"Don't play dumb with me Nia, who told you I was back home." I said.

Nia put her daughter down and walked closer to where I was standing. "Why does that matter Corbyn, don't you miss me?" She said standing on her tippy toes to give me a kiss but I dodged her.

"Nia I'm serious." I said taking her hand and her daughters and leading them outside.

Nia was my ex-fiance who cheated which explains the baby and ever since I moved on she's been trying to get back in my life.

"Corbyn wait!, please, I've changed." She said but ignored her.

"Changed my ass, Nia, get the fuck out my face, and next time you come around here I'm getting a restraining order." I said.

"Corbyn fuck you! you wasn't saying that when we had sex two months ago." She yelled getting in her car.

"It was a mistake man, get over it and find some new dick to leech on." I said closing my front door.

I meant it when I said I hated that women and I couldn't believe I got on one knee and even tried to marry her cause I must've been drunk.

"Who was that?" Karma walked down the steps with a robe on covering her naked body.

"Nobody." I said turning around towards her.

"If I find out it was a bitch in this house Corbyn-

"You not finna do shit but leave Karma, stop saying that shit." I cut her off.

"I swear you be thinking I'm playing when I say I won't kill a nigga." She chuckled and walked over to the other side of the counter.

I walked behind her wrapping my arms around her waist. "Then kill me baby." I whispered in her ear.

...

"Goodmorning, Mr Meadows." My assistant said to me as I walked inside the building.

"Morning Nani, is everybody set for the meeting?" I asked her as we stepped foot into the elevator.

"Yes sir and Mrs. Caines said she should be arriving in any minute now." She said.

"Ok good and grab me a cup of coffee while your at it for me." I said.

"Yes sir." Nani said.

As my assistant went to gather my things up I went inside my office for a minute before the meeting got started.

"Miss me love?" Mrs Caines said sitting down on top of his office desk.

"I knew you was already here, why didn't you come through the front door?" I asked taking my blazer off and hanging it up.