Chapter 22

Finally, the long wait is over.
The entire story has been published :)

-

Quick recap

When he realised I have read his board, he started to walk towards me, butterflies ran thru my stomach, and they grew as he took every step closer to me.

Chapter 22

He walked right towards me, but he stopped half way in between to write something on his board, he probably wanted to say something to me.

After writing on his board with the black marker he carried around, he showed me the board which read;

'Follow me.'

He turned to the right after he realised I have read the board, and started to walk slowly.

I followed his path but kept a little distance in between, I didn't want to get carried away.

After walking for a few minutes, he turned around to see if I was still there, and to his relief, there I was.

His face was glowing in joy, but instead of saying anything, he turned around again and continued to walk.

After walking for around 5 minutes approximately, we were there.

There where he wanted us to be, at a small but pretty indian resturant, there was a delicious smell of the desi spices around the resturant.

He went across to a table with 2 seats in the far end, pulled a seat out but did not sit there, instead sat on the opposite chair.

But that was clearly a sign telling me, come sit.

I walked over to him and the table, closed down the distance in between and sat on the chair opposite him, the chair he had pulled out for me.

My legs were shaking as I sat on the chair, I was obviously sure he wouldn't hurt me, because if he wanted to do that, he could have done it long ago, but there was still a nerve in me, making me inconfident and discomfortable.

However, after I sat down and looked into his quiet and ocean like deep eyes, my nerve started to fade.

Each second made me more comfortable than the last, and less comfortable than the next.

It was a matter of less than a minute, I was settled and comfortable, and indeed ready to find out about everything.

I threw a big question at him straight away, without even asking him basic things, I was too curious to waste time on stupid questions, so I asked curiously,

''How do you know me?''

He looked around, here and there, up and down and kept quiet.

He said nothing, felt nothing and didn't event write me the answer like he usually did.

This strange behaviour of his confused me, I was waiting for an answer until I realised, he wasn't willing to answer this question.

I asked him another question, yet again a big question,

''Why do you always help me?''

And yet again, similar behaviour took place.

Weird but maybe, I thought, I would have to ask him only the questions he wants to answer, maybe taking things slowly, step by step would be appropriate.

With that thought, I asked him a more basic question,

''What is your name? What should I call you?''

He look into my eyes, carefully, and finally opted to answer this question after a little gap.

He picked his marker up and wrote on a piece of paper which was placed on the table.

After he finished writing, he pushed the paper closer to me for me to read.

I looked at the paper which read,

'Call me anything you wish.'

I replied to his answer verbally, saying confidently;

''Guardian angel. Thats what I already call you aswell. You're always guarding me like an angel''

He half smiled after listening to that, it was a warm, tender feeling for him.

His face could not brush away the joy of knowing I call him that, he felt proud, atleast I thought so.

Taking advantage of the moment, I threw another question his way;

''Why did Jay kill dad? What wrong move had he made?''

He grabbed the paper again and started to write, to my surprise, he was going to answer that, not that I expected him too.

Soon after he finished writing, he passed the paper to me, I read the writing on the paper which read;

'Kim should have listened and obeyed, and should certainly not have under estimated the love Jay has for you.'

''What does that mean?''

I said after reading the answer which did not make anything clear, infact made things complicated.

''All Jay wants is that someday, you open your eyes to him, who loves you to an endless extent, so much, that he will destroy anyone who stands between you and him.''

He replied, for the first time, he said something in his deep, thick voice instead of writing it.

For one moment, I was shocked, I wondered for once, why didn't he always speak?

But I was too focused on the answer he gave me, a diplomatic, confusing answer.

The first thing that ran down my mind was, why did he want to kill Kelly? How did she stand between me and him?

At the moment, Jay himself was the only one that stood between us.

But more concerning was, how could I save her? And that is exactly what I asked,

''How do I save Kelly?''

He looked into my eyes, passed a weird smile which creeped me out and then, gave yet again, a diplomatic answer.

He replied gently in his thick voice,

''You live.''

Is that it? I thought to my lost self, I live? And is that enough to save Kelly?

''Would Jay not kill her then?''

I asked politely, as the man opposite to me was my only hope.

If someone could take me to the end of this puzzle, it was him, definetly him.

''You live, she lives.''

He awkwardly stood up and started to leave after answering the question and leaving me confused, I had many more questions, but he ignored that like he didn't care.

As he stood up and prepared to leave, I shouted,

''Why doesn't Tim save her?''

He stopped as I completed speaking, he turned his face towards me and let out the words,

''If Tim could, Tim would.''

He left after saying those words which left me puzzled, if Tim could?

why couldn't he?

I started to get up and thought I should make my way home, just then, my attention diverted towards my phone which was vibrating, I looked down at the screen.

A call from Sanja, what would she possibly want to say?

End of chapter 22