Chapter 20

Gratias ago tibi, Gabriella.

-

Quick recap.

I stood high and caught my breath for sometime, I realised, on the oppsite street, there was a man, looking straight into my eyes.
There he was...

Chapter 20

The man who reminded me of my bestfriend.

The man who made me cry a moment later I saw him, because it was the worst feeling of guilt, to see Jack and realise, it was because of me that his girl friend and my best friend died.

It was because of my wrong move that her game was over.

Jack started to walk towards me after closing the door of his porsche which stood infront of him and the opposite footpath.

His every step added a strange guilt in me, a strange feeling as I thought about how I would face him, how I would ever tell him Gabriella was dead.

Before I could even calm down, Jack was there, right infront of me.

Looking straight into my eyes, waiting for me to say something.

But before I could say a word, he wiped off the silence by saying steadily,

''I finally found you, thanks to Sanja!''

I took a deep breath in and responded anxiously,

''But why were you looking for me?''

Jack responded with a cheeky look on his face, and said,

''I had one of those 6th sense feeling you found Gabriella, so I just went out looking for you coz you wouldn't pick up your phone.''

I realised my phone was on silent and I had not felt the vibrations, therefore I didn't pick up.

I apologised as I realised, there were 4 missed calls from Jack.

As I surfed through my phone, Jack

added,

''So did you find her?''

He had a wide smile on his face, his 6th sense always worked, so it was self belief for him that had the charming smile on his face, I felt so bad that soon, it would disappear.

But I could not lie, I had to tell him about Gabriellas death, so I finally spoke with sadness waking inside me,

''Jack, we need to talk. Lets go to the coffee shop maybe?''

I wanted to sit him down and tell him calmly, instead of just throwing it to him so he goes wild.

I also added,

''I need to discuss something with you too.''

Other than Gabriella, I also had to talk to him about my plan.

The plan I had half discovered to end this mystery, once and for all.

Jack agreed to go to the coffee shop, he led the way towards his black car as we started to leave, he led the way towards the lovely black porsche I admired very much.

As we sat in the car and started to leave Moses road, I remained silent and looked outside the window, trying very hard to not cry.

I didn't want to give away anything with my tears so soon, I didn't face Jack and didn't say anything either, instead I wished he did not start a conversation.

When the car started to deaccelerate near the coffee shop while Jack looked for a parking spot, my eyes caught the view of guardian angel.

He stood across the road and as usual held a white board with a meaningless look on his face.