Chapter 15.

'Its only sad Jay,
I have never been so eager to see you.'
- Stacey Watson.

-

Quick recap from chapter 14.

I made my way to the table in the far end and took a seat, I finally sat opposite him, he greeted me with a captivating smile, I smiled back and then finally said...

Chapter 15

...''Thanks for coming at such a short notice, it means alot.''

He pulled out his pack of ciggerate and his sky blue colored expensive looking lighter.

He lit a ciggerate up and started to place it between his lips, he blew the smoke out in the air and opened others to second hand smoking, it was disgusting and disgraceful but I kept quiet instead of advicing him like a teacher.

He was hitting the table repetetively with his fingers to make a musical sound, as if the table was a drum and his skinny and long fingers were drum sticks.

he had short black hair and a dryish spotty skin, I could read nothing but pride in his small brown eyes when he caught me in an eye contact.

I could tell he was trying to figure out what was running in my mind inside out.

Sometimes these contacts really made people crystal clear, an open book waiting to be read.

He got so connected that he stared into my eyes for many seconds.

This was all because he was concerned, he was trying to read my problem to solve it, it was his duty to be concerned and solve problems.

But he looked so concerned with his work even though he wasn't in his duty uniform, he still looked very serious about work; I thought about the quotation I once read;

'Uniform or no, an officer is always on duty.'

He didn't reply to what I had said to him but the way he lit up the ciggerate and looked into my eyes, it was a gesture that he wanted me to carry on speaking, I found it a little rude for him to not reply but instead of moaning, I carried on anyway;

''Sorry I forgot your name officer, though we only met few days ago.''

I said gently, still maintaining the eye contact.

I couldn't pretend a smile so I just kept my face expressionless and waited for him to say a word, he continued to smoke on his ciggerate and took few seconds gap before he finally said in a thick voice,

''Frank. But frankly, I'm not here for coffee or a conversation, now would you tell me whats the matter Miss Stacey?''

He still remembered my name, which was surprising, he must've come across alot of cases and people in few days, yet he remembered my name.

It was impressive, his memmory was incompareable.

Before I could say a word, he started again in his thick voice,

''But you still call me officer.

I gave you my private number few days back when you were with your mother and told you my name now, but that doesn't mean we're friends!''

He was like those geek kids in classrooms, who were always only concerned about their work.

I didn't want to be friends with him, I needed help, and thats why he was here, not for coffee or conversation.

I felt a little furious but controlled myself anyway, after passing a little grim however, I replied,

''Yes officer, now listen to what I have to say please.