Chapter 13

'Every person, Once, Makes a wrong move.
Sometimes, That one wrong move means;
GAME OVER!'

- Sabir Khawaja.

-

Recap from chp 12:

I went across to the road to pick the card paper up with fear in my mind, I finally got there and picked up the paper.

I read the paper, and those were the words I would have never wanted to see, the words...

Chapter 13:

The words... 'Life is a game, One wrong move and it's game over!'

The words were the connection to all events that crossed me, to all things that had happend, but it wasn't game over for me, I was alive, it wasn't over for me, not yet atleast, and what wrong move had I made?

I was in total confusion and trepidation after reading the words, in terror, I stood still and cold on the road.

To all the fright inside me, contributed a text message, my phone vibrated inside my pocket and I finally started to move away from the road and onto the footpath while opening the lock on my phone.

I opened the message I had received, it was Jay's message.

He was all I needed now, in all the tension and fear, Jay was the last person I would've asked for, after all the stress and torment I had come across due to him.

I opened the message which read;

''I have a gift for you, why not meet me tomorrow? 10am at Rosella road? Don't be late darling.''

I started to over think as soon as I read the message, what gift could it be?

The message was totally sarcastic because obviously Jay wouldn't have had a gift for me.

I thanked God for the message though, tomorrow I was finally going to see that idiot and maybe I could ask him everything, solve all my confusion, maybe it would all end tomorrow.

There was also great amount of fear in me, Jay had been unpredictable ever since I saw him last, he was being so different and I couldn't trust him a bit, but I had to go and see him!

I didn't reply to his message, instead I kept my phone and the paper with those words in my pocket and carried on walking towards my house.

I rang the bell several times before mother finally showed up at the door and opened it gently, I entered the house and she hugged me tight straight away, as if she hadn't hugged me in ages, she was so lost into my arms that she had not even closed the door yet.

After a moment, I finally took a step further inside and closed the door behind me, I asked mother if everything was okay and she just smiled and said,

''Yes everythings okay. I just got emotional.''

It was clear that she was lying, but I obviously couldn't say that to her.

I asked again and mother just smiled and said,

''Go get changed, we can talk later.''

There was definetly something wrong, maybe mother was hiding something, but I thought I should just wait up until she told me herself.

With that thought, I walked upstairs to my room and got changed into the same pajamas I had wore after shower and started to stare at my untidy room.

I hadn't cleaned it since several days, it was untidy and messed up totally,  I gathered the courage to finally clean my room.

For a second, I stopped and looked at my room and said to myself,

''Where do I start from?''

The room was so messed up, I couldn't figure out the amount of time it would have taken me to finish cleaning.

However, I finally started to sort things out, at first I started to sort my bed out, my bed sheet definetly needed a change, it was filthy and smelt very bad, I pulled away the dirty bed sheet from the bed and threw it on the chair for me to take downstairs later on so I could put it in the washing machine.

I quickly took out a clean dark brown bed sheet from the wardrobe and sorted the bed out by laying the bed sheet properly on the bed.

Finally I had given my sweet bed a new look, it was a relief, atleast I haf done a little out of so much, but I still had so much left.

I had to throw things in the bin, vacuuming had to be done, I still needed to sort out the curtains and so much more!

Maybe if I had done a little each day, I wouldn't be left with so much, but thats what I always thought before cleaning and still ended up not doing little each day!

I moved to putting things in the bin, I had to clean my own mess anyway so there wasn't any point complaining, I picked up bits of papers from magazines, I remembered using them to make the collage I was assigned by the art teacher almost weeks ago!

I picked up all the big bits and left the tiny ones for vacuum cleaner.

As I moved on from one place to another picking papers and wrappers, I picked up a crunched piece of paper which didn't look very old and I didn't remember using any white papers for the collage so I opened the crunched paper, and it was the letter Jay had given to mother few days back, the letter he had given mum at the door and left because he thought I was asleep.

I remembered reading only half the letter from that night, so I opened it to reread it,

'Dear stacey, I know forcing you into this party is a little unfair, I know how much reserved you've always been from parties after your dads suicide letter was found near the sea shore, but isn't it better for you to move on now?

Whats gone is gone, and it will never come back!

There are other people who love you too, open your eyes to them!

I'll meet you now, when you've finally opened your eyes to those who love you. Goodbye!'

I wondered after reading the letter, Jay was talking about love?

He who left me to die! What did he understand about love, I felt grateful that I had opened my eyes, to those, who did love me, and away from those who didn't.

I read the letter for the second time, and then, I realised something,

this was awkward, now I was really furious, really really furious.

I read the letter again and then confirmed what I had seen, I realised...

End of chapter 13.

-

Sorryy for the late update!

Next one will comee soon :)