Chapter 2

'Sign boards can't speak, but sometimes you can hear them saying things to you louder then anything else.' :)

Sorry for the wait, but the chapter is definetly worth it :D

-

        I woke up on the alarm tone, dismissed the tone and took my phone from under my pillow to see time.

'7am, only :O' I though, it felt like a long night, indeed a very very long night.

However I got up right away, to my own surprise I did not set the alarm again for 10 minutes more, instead

I was up and away, ready to go.

Despite the signs that would mean I would be extremely energetic, my mood seemed rather dull and dry, I wanted to rest but did not want to rest, it was strange and a rare thing.

But as they say, whatever you feel and whatever you say, the day must carry on because time stops for no one.

With that thought in mind, I quickly took a shower in luke warm water, dried myself, locked the room door and opened the wardrobe.

It was the last day of school, and traditionally that meant it was non uniform day.

I took my red top out, but then threw it on the bed and took out the pink top,

'Naaaa, too casual' I thought.

And finally I took out a top I wanted to wear, my white top which mama gave me for my birthday.

I quickly got dressed up and made my way to the bus stop with mixed feelings inside me.

Excited for holidays to come eagerly, thinking about where ever I could go, maybe brazil this time or australia.

I loved travelling and would travel to a different country every end of year holidays, last time I went to South Africa, and the year before that, Dubai.

At the same time, I was confused whenever I thought about Jay and ofcourse the party at saturday night he wanted to drag me too.

'PEEKAABOOO!!'; 'PEEKAABOOOO',

Suddenly, I got a push from the back,

''what the hell man, I'm trying so hard to scare you and you're lost day dreaming! Wake up would you'' Said my bestfriend gabriella in a rather irritated voice.

'Sorry, I'm really sorry, I was just thinking about jay..' I replied.

Gabriella responded with more irritation, 'Predictable! You two love birds need to realise there is a world outside you two aswell, like me and jack! Grow up!'

'Haha maybe but I didn't mean it in that sense, I was just thinking about if I should listen to him and go to the party, maybe I should just call him!'

I took my phone and started to dial Jay's number, but I stopped as I saw something strange, a weird looking fair bold man, wearing glasses, a brown leather jacket and dark blue jeans, looking at me and holding a hand written sign reading, 'NO'.

It was  as if he was trying to interact with me and saying no to me over something..

''Day dreamer, you were about to call him?'' Said gabriella..

Phssssssssssss.. The bus arrived and stopped hardly a meter away from me, I ignored the man and carried on,

''The bus is here gabz, lets move! I'll just talk to him in school.''

I replied and ran to the bus, we both raced up to the top deck as we usually did, to sit on the seat closer to the window!

And as usual, I won :D

''Lucky beeech you! I'll surely win next timee!'' cried gabriella,

''Haah, we'l see about that!'' I said.

I sat comfortably on the blue seat and turned my face towards the window to see outside, and I saw that bold man in leather jacket once again, looking straight into my eye with no expressions, but this time with different words on the sign board, words hand written in capitals;

'I'LL SEE YOU SOON'

The sign board and his face, added a undeasieable cold and a rough feeling in me, I was frightened and terrorfied, scared to even breath, sweat ran down my forehead faster then ever, my heartbeat climbed the everest and where I was comfortable a moment ago, I felt uncomfortable!

I looked at him until I really lost the angle from where I could see him, and his eyes followed my eyes thru out, I crossed my heart and thought,

'calm down stacey, he wasn't looking at you,'

Its funny how sometimes we fool ourselves too!

Gabriella bought me back alive when she said,

''What happened? Your sweating cats and dogs, tissue? And get off, this is our stop.''

''I'm okay, good, all good thanks. urmm yeah, yeah, get off'' I replied.

We walked our way to the school, gabz used her phone on the way and I was looking around to see if I can find jay and maybe share whatever had happend!

My eyes searched for him in the assembly, in the corridors, in the ground, and really I could not find him anywhere.

Right then, my eyes caught a view, gabz and jack!

I wispered to myself, 'maybe jack would know..

I ran to the both of them and stopped jack and asked if he knew where jay was, he replied,

''Naa, The last time I spoke to him was last night and then his phone was switched off this morning so I don't know, but why don't you call him?''

'Good idea, thanks!' I had my phone in my hand to make the call before I even completed my sentence.

'Sorry, The number you have dialed is currently switched off, please try again later.'

SWITCHED OFF? Still?' I thought to myself, urghh!

At lunch time, I tried again and again but the same response, switched off!

Then I thought, why not try his residental number, though he said never to call there because of his strict land lady, I was left without a choice, I dialed his residence number without caring about the consequences.

'Hello, margrate speaking' said a female with a  thick voice, it must have been his land lady.

'Can I talk to jay? Please?' I replied gently,

''No! Because he hasn't come back since he left at night, and if you meet him tell him to pay the remaining rent if he is intending to leave! God knows where he has been all night!'' She replied and cut the phone before I muttered a word more.

I started over thinking as clouds of tension loomed over the top of my head, stinging me like a pin in my veins, if he wasn't in school, nor at his house, where was he?

Was he alright?

How do I find him?

With questions in mind, I chose to bunk the remaining periods and just get away from school, and that I did, I got out with one aim, find jay!

But before I even started, I saw the strange looking man in the leather jacket again.

He had the same board in his hands, directed towards me so I could easily read it.

I was sure he was interacting with me now because the sign board this time read;

'Don't go looking for him!'

-

'Every end is a new start!'

If your hearts asking you, WHO THE HELL IS HE?

Tell him, SOON BOY SOON :)

comment and vote pleasee, until the next chapter, Adios. :*