Chapter 16.

'I sat on the slide with my eyes open,
Because that day,
I trusted him with my eyes closed.'

- Stacey Watson.

-

Recap from chapter 15.

I was grabbed out to reality, in a sudden, by the vibration and the ringtone of my phone, I glared at the screen which filled me with mixed emotions, fear, fright, butterflies, nervousness, the spooky call got me all worried, I finally picked up the call sent my way.

-

My hands were shaking in fear while swiping the screen to the right to pick the call up.

I put my android phone on my ears slowly after finally picking the call, my hands were still shaking, infact even my legs were shaking now as I put the phone on my ear.

''You think that was clever of you?

It sure wasn't. Your gift goes down the drain now! Never try to call a cop again, you understand!!''

Jay dropped the call after he had completed speaking without giving me a chance to speak.

I wanted to talk to him, I wanted to solve this mystery, but when I had the chance, I spilled it.

As the phone call dropped, major confusion started to evade my body.

I thought to my broken self, what do I do now?

I called him back, but as you would expect, the phone was switched off again.

I had ruined my only chance to meet him and I felt disappointed, I wanted to gain vengeance for my father, that would have been the perfect gift I could have given him ever.

To get revenge for his murder, but I still wasn't sure how to do it now.

I had to find Gabriella too, the one who was init because of me, but how was the main question.

I had no where to go yet I kept walking, slowly, staring to the ground in disappointment.

I felt as if I had lost the most important battle of my life.

Tears ran down my fair face which was starting to turn red in anger.

As I kept walking, my eyes caught a glimpse of an old paper, a brownish crunched old paper.

The paper reminded me of the art classes we had at school, how we had similar papers.

Me and Gabriella always drew Smith's funny potraits on those papers during class.

Smith was the annoying geek of the class who always knew all the answers, but that made him a geek, not annoying.

What made him annoying was that he would remind the teachers for homeworks and that he would ask questions in boring lectures that everyone wished ended early.

He was someone me and Gabriella hated, not literally hated but if we had one bullet, we would shoot him.

And if we had another bullet even after that, we would shoot him again, the second time to make sure he did die for sure.

I picked up the paper with a sad smile on my face as I gathered memmories of me and Gabriella from the art classes.

I remembered how once we were caught by the fat art teacher while drawing Smith's potrait and we had to stay back for detention.

Now, you would probably think, detention? Urmm no fun!

But I tell you, that was one heck of a time me and Gabz had.