Chapter 30

"Eekk!" Iris almost yelled as a slap landed on her butt as she was busy rummaging through clothes in her closet. She turned around and was engulfed with Eric's huge chest, She felt herself melting into him as he crushed her little body and kissed her neck.

"What are you doing?" He said letting go and laying on her bed, she ran to the door locking it and gesturing him to lower his voice.

"What?" He asked. "Kaden is home. So is dad. But they both are downstairs watching the match" Eric said nothing but extending his hand for her. He pulled her softly over him as she took his hand. "Someone looks happy," She said playing with the buttons of his shirt, "And you are wearing a formal attire" He nodded.

"I had to go meet some people" she rose her eyebrows. "Umm. Kaden doesn't like you" She whispered which made him laugh.

"Nobody likes me baby" She looked at him, "I do" He hummed sitting up and wrapping his hands around her waist, "Do you care at all? that they don't want me to be with you?" She questions really irritated him as he flopped back on the bed putting his hand behind his head.

He knew she hated it when he did that, "What? so you think I will leave just because they want me to?" She gave a sigh sleeping on his chest. The sudden beeping of his phone distracted their peaceful mind.

Iris sighs sleeping next to him as he answers it.

"Hm? Fine" He said getting up, "I'll come to pick you up tomorrow ya, Night babe," He said pecking her lips before opening the windows and jumping out, Iris gave him a narrow eye "Pick me up for what? I don't have class" She whispered and the sudden knock on her door made her bones jump.

"Mommy?" She asked as she opened the door and her mom leaned on the door frame.

"Hm? How many times has he visited you through that window?" Iris felt her heartbeat rise, "Uh- Once?" She said," So often then" Her mom stated coming in and closing the windows. "How did you know?" Iris asked.

"I just came home honey, saw him jump out the window from outside" Iris closed her eyes hiding her face.

"No boy allowed here at night, am I clear?" Iris groaned in embarrassment.

"Now, tell me why you and Kaden aren't talking, I have never seen you guys sleep so early when he is visiting", Iris gave her pout, "He doesn't like Eric"

"oh, so they have met" Her mother received a nod. She walked to and door and looked back.

"Ask him if he is free tomorrow, for dinner"

Iris watched in disbelief as her mother closed the door and flopped back on her bed. The next day she busied herself with her own work, She was happy. Until that evening at least.

It was awkward when he walked in considering her mother and father had a big fight just fifteen minutes ago while Kaden spoke on dad's side making her mom even angrier, "Welcome Eric, Sorry for the uncivilized welcome my husband and Kaden gave you" Eric chuckled as Iris stood near the Kitchen, "No problem Miss. Good evening to you" Her mother smiled putting her hand behind his back and guiding him to the living room where her father and Kaden sat watching T.V

Her mother cleared her throat but they did not bat an eye.

"We have a guest" She announced standing in front of the two and they sight standing up.

"The dinner is ready, shall we?" She said walking into the dining room with Eric as Iris kept all the plates in their respective places.

"So, what did you study?" Her mother asked to which Kaden snickered, "Um-Drugs?" He said. Her hand smacked him on his head and looked at Eric who was actually enjoying the dinner.