Chapter 14

"Hey dad " Iris said opening the door and smiling , " I always ask you close the window but you always forget ! see this ?"He said closing the window and looking at her frowning face . " Sorry " She mutter and he shook his head in disapproval and walked towards the door . " Have you been studying before sleeping ? " She chuckled nodding . Inside her heart was beating out her chest considering ,Eric was in the bathroom . He wouldn't even flinch as her dad knocked . He just kissed her nice before locking himself in her bathroom .

As her father walked out she closed the door locking it and sighing . "I have a man in my room who is not my father " . " No I AM your daddy " she flinched taking a deep breadth , her heart skipped a beat as he picked her up and laid her on the bed . Further removing his shirt and getting in bed with her . " Eric , I-I , You can't sleep here " She said but he pulled her close pulling her face him .

" Are you gonna sleep in that ?" He asked . She looked at her outfit and she shook her head . Getting up and grabbing her nightdress she walked in the bathroom . He watched her get in and close the door behind , The thought of her getting naked filled his mind . He had to control himself .

Suddenly his phone started ringing , " Sir , the trucks are here " He looked towards the bathroom door once before replying , " I'll be there in an hour " .

Iris walked in the bedroom and watched him stand up from the bed , " I need to leave , I have some work . I'll drop you off be ready by 7 " Before she could ask why so early he jumped out her window .

Iris just stared at him as he walked away , then getting in his car . She was , no questions asked attached to him already . She laid down on the bed and the memories of him kissing her , touching her flashed across her eyes . Smiling once before turning around to get more comfortable and closed her eyes .

She knew better than to engage with someone she did know close , but she couldn't resist the need to feel his arms around her , And she knew for a fact that her parents would never be happy if she kissed a guy . But somehow Eric's hand over her thigh had her melt like a ice candy .

He seemed so distant yet so close . " I saw a different car on your drive way , you parents own another ?" He asked and I hummed in question , " No , its my cousin brother's car . He will be staying with me for some days " He nodded , " Why ?" He asked , " My parent are going to a wedding , they will back in a couple of days"

Eric wasn't worried about her , he told himself he wasn't . " I'll come over tonight" She looked at him and stared, nodding a few seconds later . She gave her lip a bite before moving her hands to the door . "Um ..thank you for dropping me off , Have a good day " she said while Eric was texting on his phone .

She was about to leave when his hand grabbed her thigh tight .He continued texting as she sat in silence . "Eric" She called . He hummed , " Umm ..." She looked at her school gates , not people had arrived by now . Before she could ask him why he stopped her he grabbed her jaw and landed a hard kiss on her lips .

She whimpered shortly and moved to hold his neck kissing him back , He was quick to bite her upper lip hard making her whimper loud and pull away making him laugh . Iris only frown touching her hurt lip . " That hurts " He nodded grabbing her cheeks and squeezing them .

" It was suppose to hurt babygirl " And how the sparks in her stomach hit her walls just by him calling her that nick name .

" Now go " he said . She gave him a angry pout . Before catching him in shock as she leaned in and gave a bit to his neck . He didn't even flinch , she moved away and opened the door . " Be careful when you do that Iris , I am not the controlling myself type " he said before she moved out .

She ran away blushing .

"You will die today "

Said the note inside her locker , she could only do so much as to throw it away . Iris was shocked , heart broken , She walked out her class think of calling her mother to feel better but , her mom must be happy and on her way to the wedding . She bit her lip and walked out the campus . She missed a lecture after break but she didn't wanna go back .

She was so hurt , She just wanted out . Debating on whether or not to called Ethan to pick her up she gave up and let the tears run down her cheek . She was lucky to have a friend who ran towards her as soon as she saw Iris .

" Hey what's wrong , you can tell me ." Iris shook her head and decided to attend her classes . She knew Eric would come to get her by the end of the day . She put on a smile and walked in the class .

Eric slammed the glass of water over table on the wall in front of him sending every guard outside the door in alarmed state . Eric assistant ran in looking at the broken glass and send him a questioning look .

" Who is Simon related to ? " He asked and his assistant realise immediately what Eric wanted . " He is the nephew of drug dealer we recently met , he is a manager at the club you use to own before you sold it " Eric clenched his jaw .

" Get the car ready , I want a man up near Iris . NOW ! he is challenging me "

Eric got in the car with three men and loaded up his gun . He made sure to inform his men about Iris . While his car drove towards the university Iris walked in the hallway towards the back entrance . She was given the message through a teacher but wasn't told who expected her .

She opened the back door leading to the football court and looked around . Not one person in sight, She gave her lip a bite and before she could comprehend she heard a gun shot right next to her .

Eric wasn't late but she had already been targeted . Guns were fired as Eric ran towards her with two men , she frowned falling to her knees as a loud gun fired near her ears .

She has become a target , just because a man wanted to get back at Eric for doing him wrong . Eric heard her scream . He froze on the spot as he saw the string of blood come out her chest . He clenched his jaw running towards her .

He spoke nothing but lifted her off the ground and carried her to the hospital . He should've know the consequences of being attached to a girl like her . He should've stopped himself . He should've done a better job protecting the girl he wanted to love .

But he failed . If only he could protected better .

In his world where killing the innocent was a mockery to each other's enemies , he should've know better .

&

The beeping of the monitor continued and Eric faced a man . Never in his entire life he though he would have to look down in front of another man and beg to be forgiven . The women next to him sobbed and he stared at Eric , his red shot eyes , his trembling jaw ,His broken voice . But he didn't seem weak . In fact he somehow seemed more dangerous in front of a leader who rule the Dragon clan .

" I have nothing to say after your confession " He said . Eric breathed in and ran his hands through his hair . " If you love her , you better leave her alone " Eric's neck shot up to stared at her father's face . He didn't say a word . He just walked away , Eric moved his eyes to her weeping mother and clenched his jaw .

" Would you give me the permission to see your daughter once ,for the last time ?" Eric asked her mother . Her mother hesitated , but nodded .

When he enter the room he saw his beautiful Iris . He kissed her forehead and ran his thumb slowly across her face and lost his breath .

" I am sorry . I am so so sorry . I promise I will never put you in danger . I promise I will never come near you . I .. I ..goodbye Iris "