Chapter 27

Iris stared at the car for ten seconds, looking straight at Eric's face while he sat there. He glanced at her and she looked at Aiden. "Maybe some other day, I have to go home" He rose his brows nodding slightly as she did a speed walk out the gates, She saw Eric get out his car as her eyes stared right at him.

But the sudden turn in her walk left him speechless.

"Iris"

She heard him, but she continued walking towards her house with no thoughts in mind. She was over him disappearing for no reason. And although she felt tears leak down her eyes she dried them.

"Iris, Iris, listen to me" She left him to tug her elbow but her hand pushed his away. "Get off me, If you don't feel like being a normal relationship with me then Fuck off !"

His expression said it. He was shocked at the sudden curse she spoke. She was shocked herself but her legs moved along.

His hand was quick in pulling her close to him, Iris did not want to see his face, She was angry, She did not need any more from him to ruin her day further.

"Listen to me, please. Once. I have a reason" She clenched her teeth slapping his cheek and pushing his chest. She heard the weak whimper from his mouth but she turned away walking four steps ahead.

Something made her turn around, only to see Eric kneeling on the ground holding his chest. She stared at him for a couple of seconds before walking to him.

"Why are you wincing?" She asked standing before him as he stared at the ground. She heard the slamming of the car door and the driver running towards Eric and kneeling next to him.

"What happened?" She asked as he tried to get him up. "He was stabbed by a thief in his office. His stitches haven't healed but he walked out of the hospital"

Iris stared in disbelief as the man helped Eric stand up.

"Come with me, just let me explain Iris" She saw the sudden red color appear over his sky blue shirt, and she snapped out her daze. She helped him in the car and got in with him.

"Um-when did this happen?" The driver glanced back, "Two days ago, He lost his cell. We wanted to contact you but without his orders, we can't really do anything" She looked at him with a neutral look.

"Okay, I hope he doesn't die in the car" she mutter. She heard Eric's chuckle as he stared at her, Her eyes moved out the window.

"Sorry," He said grabbing her hand as he leaned back on the hospital bed. She ignored the scary man sitting behind her and gave sigh. "I wasn't wrong to get angry you know, I thought you left for good" He stayed quite.

"He is if he is gonna be with you" Eric's face suddenly changed, glaring behind her, Right at his father.

"I am his father, He is a death god. You are gonna die if you get close to him" She stared at his father in nothing awe, much to their surprise.

"You are his father?" She asked and he rose one of his brows. "Are you deaf?" He whispered making Eric clench his jaw.

"Woah, Eric, your father looks so much younger than I expected" His father blinked twice in an utter sock as she said that and chuckle. "Excuse me?" he replied.

"Does your father know how many people you hurt ?" They really thought that girl was on drugs for a second. "Did you not get the memo kid? I am asking you to leave him for good"

"Shut the fuck up," Eric said he tightened his hand over hers.

"A commoner like you cannot be expected in our family. Next, you know you are dead as soon as I marry him to you" She did not seem fazed by it all.

"I wonder how your mother handled him" She mutters loud enough.

"Listen here you-" She looked straight into his father's eyes.

"What? Are you gonna threaten me to leave? And ignore that your son probably is more capable of killing you than somebody else getting to me?"

His father stared at that girl before leaving him in disbelief and complete anger, While Eric chuckled, "You better keep her mouth shut" His father said storming out the room.

"Where did my baby go?" She smiled. "Are you on your period" She nodded in the most adorable way making him gulp nodding. "Explains, I am just sorry, I love you."

She smirked, "You think just because I came with you to the hospital I forgive you?, You are wrong, I am angry at you because you keep getting attacked like the main character of an anime. Who the fudge do you think you are? A hero? Stop being so careless"

He watched her get her hand out of out his and grab her bag.

"Apologise after you get discharged, I have exams. Goodbye"

Eric stared at his Iris in surprise as she walked out and groaned.

"Take her home" He motioned his guard and he nodded following her.

As she was escorted home she wondered if she was too harsh on Eric, She understood that he had a reason to not contact her, she understood his pain. But she just couldn't forgive him.

That little pout on her face stayed until she was home where her father creased his eyes at her being late.

"Where were you? Its eight 'o clock at night I haven't seen you since morning" She gave a sigh looking for her mother.

"I thought mom would let you know" Her mom suddenly had a flash of memory before laughing. "Oh ya, she called me telling me she would be late." Iris gave them a resting face.

"Eric was hurt, I went see him at the hospital" Her father rose his eyebrows. "Why? that boy fights everyone he comes across"

Her mother slapped him lightly before grabbing Iris as taking her to the kitchen.

"Kaden is coming for dinner tonight, I think he will stay the night, So go get a shower and come help me make dinner"

She nodded smiling and running upstairs.

Note: Kaden is her cousin