Chapter 28

Eric's frown at every decision of his manager implied how frustrated he was, "I will get started with these and inform about the delayed opening, Have a good day" Eric nodded getting up from his chair and grabbed some water. He was impatient, Iris had not replied to any of his messages.

She was fuck good at making him frustrated and angry.

"I am going out" Eric stated but his secretary came running behind him. "Sir. With due respect to your other schedules, I had to cancel a board meeting because of your injury. It has to be done today. Everyone has been waiting for you including your father"

Eric rolled his eyes grabbing his blazer and walking to his car.

He had no choice but to settle his affairs before going to Iris.

The meeting took him three hours. It was already four in the evening before he could make any other decision his body stopped right in the lobby.

"What are you doing here?" He asked. "Is that how you greet your mother?" She asked, Eric turned around looking away but she walked closer.

"Why are you here?" He asked, taking out his phone and texting Iris he was on his way to her house, distracting himself from the lady who chatters non-stop.

"Eric" He hummed snapping his eyes back at her.

"I know you are busy, but let me look at you at least. Your father didn't let me come see you at the hospital, he didn't tell me why you were there".

"Don't worry, you have missed more important days of my life that me being at a hospital" She was hurt by his words.

"I have to go, goodbye" His mother was left alone with tears brimming her eyes as she watched her son walk away from her.

Eric was more frustrated and wanted to pull his gun out and shoot his manager at the sudden meeting that came up yet again.

He sat beside his father with his eyes almost closed in irritation when the man funding the new project spoke up.

"I believe we need some negotiations before any further steps, This, Is a lot of money we are talking about" Eric father leaned in towards him. "Don't worry. I have it all under control" The man rose his brow nodding in understanding expression.

The next hour was quiet, as the rest of the members felt the meeting leaving the three inside to discuss further things.

The guards outside the door suddenly flinched and pulled their guns out in reflex and Eric slammed open the doors and walked out in complete anger and his assistant gave a nod to his father and ran behind him.

"Don't worry, young men are like him, he will agree to this if he truly wants an empire of his own, And if this negotiation does not work, then he will no longer be working with you" The man narrowed his eyes at Eric's father while brushing his jaw and nodding.

"We'll see about that"

His car speeds through the driveway of the company straight back to his house, he angry was bad, as he grabbed his hair in frustration and pressed the pad to call Iris.

"Eric?".

"Where are you?" She hummed in question. "If this is about the un-replied texts-"

"Where the fuck are you Iris!" He yelled, her sudden weak voice making him regret yelling over the call, "The ice cream parlor near my house" She said. He turning his car around and headed over there.

"I'm coming to pick you up," He said before she said anything further he hung up.

Iris sighs staring at the screen, "What happened?" She looked up and smiled. "Do you mind if I go with my friend?" He smiled nodding. "Of course, We have been hanging out for over an hour "

She nodded laughing.

A frown fell over her face as Eric's car pulled up at the road where she stood. His eyes immediately falling upon a man behind her. His jaw clenched in anger as he walked out around the car right at her.

"What were you doing here?" Iris studied his angry expression staying quite when Eric eyed the man behind her. She was a jerk back to Eric as he opened the door when he spoke up.

"Your boyfriend?" Eric turned back. And before she could answer he cut her off, "Ya, I am. Who are you?" he asked, but the tone of his voice mocked him.

Eric stepped up near when Iris suddenly pushed herself between the two intimidating men having a deep staring contest.

"This-" She said pushing slightly on Eric's chest. "Is Kaden, my cousin brother. Kaden, This is Eric. My-boy, Boyfriend" She whispered the last word as she blushed.

Eric nodded. "Let's go," He said holding the door for her and she smiled waving goodbye at Kaden.

"Come home soon," He said eyeing Eric before they speed off on the road, Kaden knew who he was, He had a fair share of knowledge and friends who knew this kind of people. His eyes never left the car as he worried about Iris.

"What's wrong?" Iris asked touching Eric's hand. He shook his head more focused on driving to the house. "You look scary" She mummers making him chuckle. "Oh do I?" she nodded.

"I am scary" She sighs turning her body towards him. "Why did you yell at me then, I didn't even do anything to making you angry. I didn't answer your texts because I was angry at you first !"

"Right, sure" He replied.

She felt herself getting annoyed at him. "Just stop being rude, please. Or leave me here, I wanna go home" He glanced at her once.

"You aren't going " She stared at him before looking away.

"You are angry at me for no fucking reason! And you won't tell me stuff, what am I suppose to get out of it?!" she yelled but He did not show one emotion as he pulled up at a house.

"What is this? Where are we?" She asked as he opened the door for her. She almost flinched as he slammed the car door shut and grabbed her hand taking her inside.

"It's my grandparent's house, They said I could have it" She blinked twice at him as he pulled her inside locking it.

"Eric-" He pushed her against the wall with a sudden kiss to her lips. She whimpered at the rough kisses he gave her. But she could not stop her hands from touching his face and going around his neck.

His hands squeezed her butt making her squeak and pull away. But he hosted her up wrapping her legs around his waist as he carried her to a bedroom.

"You are such a bad person" She whispered kissing his neck.

"Sure I am"