Chapter 22

Iris looked out the window at the lights filled streets, She really wanted to go on a walk on the beach at night, have ice cream. Go shopping. Eric kissed her cheeks and his hand squeezed her shoulder, "What are you thinking?" He asked, "I wanted to go shopping," She said. "We will go shopping, We have three whole days to shop" She smiled nodding.

When they reached the hotel the manager stood by the door to greet him. "Escort them to the room. Make sure you have people outside the room understand?" Eric said pulling the manager by his elbow.

"Y-Yes of course Sir"

"Make sure you stay inside the room with them" Eric stated to the guard who traveled with them and he gave a stern nod.

"I'll be back" Iris grabbed his shirt before he could walk away. "I am not leaving you, you dumb girl." He said kissing her forehead. He then leaned near her ears. "Make sure you get lots of sleep. You won't be getting any after I get back"

She blushed letting go. " Will you bring me fries and a burger back?" He smirked, "Sure," He said. His expression changing from sweet to rough as he looked up and walked away.

Iris and Clara were escorted to the room on the top floor, where only selected people were allowed to enter, Clara closed the curtains and called Victor to inform him about Eric.

While they both sat in silence Iris began eating the chips which were given to them by the manager as a welcome gift. The guard sat near the door as they both settled on watching TV. Iris gave a frustrating sigh after an hour looking at the clock.

"What?" She asked as she saw Clara smiling at her. "Your boyfriend has gone to finish a man who has been following you two. And you ask him to bring food back?" Iris laughed.

Her eyes turning away and the laugh suddenly turned into a sad one, "It's not really about the food you know, It's stupid but, I get some kind of hope, assurance. That he will come back. So I ask him to bring me something back. Because I know he always will" Clara stared at her in awe.

"If he really loved you, you don't have to do that. He will always come back home no matter where he is" Iris smiled remembering that time when he disappeared for five days, It hurt her more than she thought.

Eric found himself worrying about Iris. There was no reason for him too. She was safe. He wondered why he would get so protective someone who he thought, he didn't care about. He couldn't bring himself to admit the fact that he had fallen for her.

His hands load up a handgun as Victor sends them the message. "Get in the garage," Eric said as he stood outside looking around when he spotted the men following him.

Eric walked in the office sitting alone while the men walked towards him in complete confidence. As soon as they reached the office they were surrounded by Eric's men. As Victor held a gun pressed to a man's head Eric creased his eyebrows.

"Get them in," He said Victor looked at him in confusion. "The fuck? Why?" He asked as they disarmed them. "Where do I know you from?" Eric asked the man who seemed to lead the group.

The man had his hands up while on his knees asking to not be killed, "Uh-" He looked at Eric.

Suddenly Eric realized the man's identity, He looked surprised and laughed silently. "Are you serious?" He asked. That man slowly stood up while the guns got to his body. He flinched but looked at Eric.

"You are here because of my father aren't you?" The man nodded looking down knowing very well how they got played by his boss's son.

"We were only asked to follow you, Sir." Eric shook his head, "Were you ordered to kill the girl I am with?" The man looked up shaking his head.

"No" Eric switched the gun from his right to his left hand slapping the man roughly. He trembled to look at the ground. "What did he tell you to do then Huh!?" The man visibly shook to his legs confessed.

"At first we are asked to follow you, then asked to bring the girl back with us" Eric blinked once at the disappointment he faced. "You can't do one job properly," He said, "Well, If you did a good job, you'd be dead by now so, ya" Victor gave a sigh.

"Told you, your father is an motherfucking idiot" Eric looked at him and chuckled. "Leave, just leave," Eric said. The men scrambled to get out of the office and run to the cars.

"I don't think he knows how much damage you can do to him" Eric shook his head at Victor's thoughts. "He knows, probably why he wants Iris out the way. I told you, he wants me to work for him in Spain, He thinks it's because of her that I declined"

They both parted their ways as Eric tried to call his father for an explanation. But he did not pick up.

"If you think that kidnapping a girl and blackmailing me like that is gonna work, then you are wrong. You better get your shit together" He sends a voice mail frustrated by the declining calls.

When Eric came back to the Hotel He requested the food Iris asked him to bring. His mood was completely filled with disappointment for his father. Eric just wanted to make sure he did not take that anger and disappointment out on Iris.

After a short explanation to Clara, he asked the guard to take her back to her house.

"Thanks for spending time with me," Iris said. Clara nodded and waved a goodbye walking out.

Iris walked over to Eric pulling him by his shirt closer. "You forgot my food " He chuckled. "Your man comes back after a stress full shit like that and you ask for your food?" She gave him pout.

"I am hungry," she said to which he grabbed her face kissing her lips roughly. "Then suck my dick, It will fill you up" She blushed pushing him away and walking away. He gave a sigh taking off his clothes and throwing them on the floor.

"Hey" He called to which she gave him a side-eye. "Get your ass over here," He said. She let out a grumpy sigh walking to him and laying down beside him. His hand came around her neck pulling her in for a deep kiss.

"I order your food to the chef, they will deliver it soon" Iris smiled in excitement kissing his cheek. "Thank you, daddy"

He smirked. " Did you get some sleep ?" he whispered as she leaned in his chest kissing him once before. "Sleep? Why would I sleep before dinner Eric?" He chuckled getting out of bed.

They sat on the dinner table as the food was being served." We will be having breakfast on the beach tomorrow" The waiter nodded walking out and leaving them both alone.

Iris moaned taking the bite and chewing happily, "This is amazing" she said with her mouth puffed up by food. Eric chuckled at her face observing her stuff everything in one bite.

"Were you that hungry?" She shook her head, "No, Clara and I had some snacks together, But I love fast food more ". He nodded, "Of course you do"

After having her hearty meal they sat on the bed having some dessert watching TV

"What happened? Out there?" She asked. "My dad hates you" Her mouth stopped chewing over the grape that she plopped in her mouth.

Five seconds later she looked at Eric with a frown. "Your father and I haven't even met yet, How can he hate me if he hasn't even talked to me, I mean, I know parents can be like that, I can't blame him for getting angry. Maybe its because he was shocked that you didn't tell him" Eric laughed.

"He doesn't hate you because we're dating. He is like that, a fucking cold-hearted motherfucker" Iris gasped.

"You don't get to say that to your father Eric, that's rude!" He rolled his eyes.

"Not every parent is like your's Iris, You are a lucky girl"

Iris couldn't understand the sudden dark feeling that she saw looming over Eric, because she had never been in that position before.

But her kiss lifted him up on his mood.