Ch. 65 - Dom's Absolution

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
"I want to fuck that attitude
out of you."

- Dominic
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Chapter 65 - Dom's Absolution

▪️J A D E▪️

"You ready?" Vincent asked as he found what he needed.

We were rummaging around in the weapons room located in the basement of the Calvetti residence. It was filled with the sounds of magazines being loaded and guns being checked as we prepared ourselves to head out.

I replied, "Yea, I'm almost done!" while holstering a Beretta M9 on each thigh.

"Alright, we'll be up in the garage," Vincent responded as he left with Quintin.

Looking down at my wrist, my fingers quickly fiddled with my yellow gold bracelet. I had made it a ritual to touch Blaire's charm at least twice a day. With a smile, my fingers grazed over the newest addition.

The golden charm comprised of two flat sides. One illustrating a bird and a mouse in a field of wheat. The other side had the words 'Always by your side' engraved in a fancy cursive font.

The trinket had been a birthday present from Cristiano. It was a tribute of his friendship, love, and loyalty to me.

I could not help but be reminded of all the memories the bracelet represented, the good and the bad.

Knowing that we had an important meeting ahead of us, I pulled myself out of my thoughts. Quickly pacing about the storage room, I grabbed four high-capacity magazines off the shelf and stuffed them into my backpack next to the MP7.

Shaking his head, Jee-min could not help but comment, "Between you and Quintin I have no idea who's worse with the MP7 add-ons. He with his scope or you with these drum magazines. You hardly ever use anything besides your Beretta anyway, so I never understand why you always walk with a backpack."

"Hey! It's like you taught me, one can never be too prepared," I countered with a grin.

Jee-min rolled his eyes as he let out a sigh, "You're prepared for a zombie apocalypse alright. But you are aware that we're just going to talk, yes? This is a meeting, not a gun show."

Since turning twenty-three, I had spent the last few months doing odd jobs for Dominic and the other mafia bosses.

The Calvetti mafia was in the progress of expanding past the Aelbank City state borders. In this moment, we were all getting ready to head out to meet Giovani Bellucci. The Italian was in his early sixties and was the head of one of the more prominent mafias in the neighbouring state of Korbin City.

"I know, but just in case things go sour, I'm prepared," I responded as we left the basement.

It was as though I had a sixth sense for these sorts of things. I would always get a strange feeling in my gut and ever since the events of two years ago, I had never ignored those sensations from that day onward.

To date, I had never been wrong.

A few hours later, we arrived within the neighbouring state. Unfortunately, the meeting did not go as planned.

Giovanni's son, Francesco, did not like the idea of doing business with Dominic as he felt that, due to the man's pallid appearance, he was not really one of them. That and he did not wish to fall under the Calvetti banner.

After a few heated words were exchanged, a shoot-out ensued.

"What's that term Raeni often uses? Having goat lips?" Quintin shouted over the sounds of gunfire as he was crouched behind one of the black SUVs.