Ch. 49 - I Will Find You

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
"They don't want our money;
they want our guns..."

- Vincent
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Chapter 49 - I Will Find You

▪️D O M I N I C▪️

A few hours later, the strained grunts of Miguel Fuentes filled the air as he slowly regained consciousness for the umpteenth time.

I had taken great pleasure in torturing the man in various ways before he had passed out. Only to crudely shock him back awake, to have the process repeated over and over again.

Due to the circumstances surrounding his capture, it would have been unknown to Miguel how long he had been hanging upside down from the metal beam. His aching and bloody feet were tied by the ankles and held with a hook.

Standing by the half-opened door, I watched as Miguel slowly regained consciousness once more.

In his groggy state, he would not have been able to observe much through what was left of his only working eye, which was almost swollen shut. However, he would be aware that he was inside of a brightly lit but empty warehouse. Even though he would be unsure of what time of the day it was, he might have assumed that it was night-time.

But who gives a fuck? He was going to be dead soon anyway, I thought to myself as my eyes narrowed.

My grin widened as Miguel slowly began to take in his surroundings.

The Mexican man had been stripped naked, and his body had been beaten to a pulp. I had taken the liberty of slowly removing his right eye with my switch blade before slicing it up and forcing it down his throat.

Through the obvious pain he felt, I silently wondered if he could tell that both of his legs were broken. From the way he groaned and struggled to breathe, I knew he had realised that he had a more than a few broken ribs to say the least.

To be honest, I was impressed with his resolve. Although, I supposed that like my own men, they preferred to gracefully endure whatever torture at the hands of their captors, rather than face the wrath of their leader.

I felt like it was time to make my entrance, so I pushed the door open wider, intentionally making it creak.

There were chunks of his skin missing from his chest and stomach and it seemed as though the memory of the torture he had endured came rushing back to him. With restricted panicked movements, I could hear his wheezing gasp as he heard the door opening behind him.

"Ah! You're finally awake!" I said with a smirk.

My footsteps along with those of a few others echoed on the concrete floor as we approached the Mexican.

Appearing in front of him, my blue eyes scanned over Miguel's battered body as I spoke once more, "I will be sure to tell García of your bravery. Even after everything you have been put through, you still have not talked once, not even when I forced you to eat your own fingers."

Realisation seemed to click for Miguel as he whimpered and tried to look up at his left hand, now noticing that most of his fingers were missing. Only his pinkie finger remained, but barely as it had been sliced off up to the first knuckle.

"I'm truly impressed, although you did vomit back up your thumb," I commented, looking at the limp digit under the man's hanging body.

Making a clicking sound with my mouth, I had to briefly close my eyes to calm the bloodlust I felt coursing through my veins. Exhaling almost violently, I slowly paced back and forth in front of the body suspended before me, a hand in the right pocket of my pants.