Ch. 14 - Drug Lord

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
"Men like him, it's best to
keep them at your side rather than
have them in your way"

- José
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Chapter 14 - Drug Lord

▪️J O S É▪️

Back in Miami Beach, José Hernández García paced in front of his penthouse windows as he smoked a cigar. He was the leader of the Sonora Cartel, and lately, his patience had been wearing thin.

José was a stocky man at 5ft 6in, with a semi-horseshoe moustache. What he lacked in height, he made up for in appearance. There always seemed to be a scowl present on his intimidating face. His nose was slightly crooked, proof that it had been broken one too many times. When he smiled, one could not help but be drawn to his two upper canines that were pointed solid gold teeth.

The Cartel boss was in his early fifties and had been running drugs within Mexico since he was a teenager, working his way to the top by the time he was in his late twenties. A position that he had managed to keep decades later. Having lived most of his life as a criminal, José was as sharp as they came, with a reputation to match. He was well-respected and equally feared in Mexico, and had his hand in many different illegal activities that extended into the North American territories.

"This pendejo Calvetti is becoming a pain. He's way more efficient than I anticipated. So far, he has managed to thwart every shipment that I've tried to smuggle into his city. He's way smarter than I gave him credit for. It seems that his reputation wasn't a bluff," José cursed, as he addressed two of his lieutenants, Miguel and Roberto.

The tall, beefy, dark-haired Fuentes twins were nicknamed Caras de la Muerte, or the faces of death, back in Mexico. It did not help that they both had hideous scars along their cheeks, reinforcing their terrifying presence.

Having decided to follow in their father's footsteps, they had moved from Tijuana to Sinaloa when they were eighteen, and had worked their way up the ranks. They had been serving José for almost two decades now, and had proven themselves in more ways than one.

"Perhaps it's time to make a visit in person? If things don't go well, we can always make a call to a few of our friends near Aelbank City?" Roberto commented as he sat next to his brother.

"It's been a while since we've gotten our hands dirty and caused some chaos!" Miguel added, his dark eyes glowing wickedly.

José laughed as he blew out a cloud of smoke, his gold canines gleaming, "We all know that I don't need friends to see things through, I have more than enough guns to get what I need done. Set up a meeting, I want to see this pale-faced freak in person."

"Sí Patrón!" the twins answered simultaneously.

"That silver-headed fool won't know what hit him!" Roberto added.

"I still can't believe that he's Italian, much less human. He looks so bizarre, he seriously gives me the creeps, looking like a real life pishtaco!" Miguel shuddered at the thought.

Scoffing, his brother said, "Don't be silly! He's not a vampire! You were always so superstitious! Calvetti is nothing but a pale-faced, weird looking man with a skin condition. He is human, just like the rest of us, and he will bleed all the same if the boss chooses."

José suddenly laughed out, the exchange between the twins amusing him.

But he had to admit, when he had seen pictures of the man for the first time, he had been surprised by his pallid appearance. The fact that his silvery white eyebrows gave the illusion that he had none, made his face seem even more strange, reminding him of creatures in those spooky stories that they were often told as children.