Ch. 41 - Engagement Party

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
"You look like a gangster
in that dress..."

- Dominic
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Chapter 41 - Engagement Party

▪️J A D E▪️

When the weekend rolled around a few days later, it was time for James and Blaire's party.

I excitedly bounced around in front of the large mirror in my bedroom. Humming a soft tune to myself, I finished fixing my purple hair in a neat ponytail.

Jee-min peeked in and asked, "You ready? The boss sent me to check on you."

"Yea, I'm almost done!" I replied, then teased, "Are you sad that Blaire's officially off the market?"

"Pfft! I pity James, poor fool," the Korean gave a half-hearted chortle then went on to say, "but seriously, I am happy for the both of them. I think they suit each other perfectly."

"I agree," I said, and grabbed my clutch purse before walking out of the bedroom with him.

The corner of Jee-min's mouth twitched as he commented, "I suppose it's only a matter of time before you and the boss will be engaged?"

At his words, I almost tripped going down the stairs as I stammered, "W-what? Us? Engaged? Bit soon to be thinking such things no?"

"Careful," he remarked, as he caught me before I could fall, "and it's never too soon. Besides, we both know that you've been planning your wedding to Dominic these last few weeks. I have the drawings to prove it!"

With bulging eyes, I yelped, "You don't! I thought I threw those away!"

I was not planning a wedding. It was more like I was just contemplating what sort of wedding dress I would wear. In the end, after coming up with a few designs, I nonchalantly threw the sketches in the trash. I should have known Jee-min or Quintin would have found them and used it to tease me.

Refocusing my gaze on him, I urged, "Please burn those!"

Jee-min good-humouredly wiggled his eyebrows as he replied, "And lose my blackmailing leverage? Never, muhahaha!"

"Heeeey!" I scowled.

Using my left hand, I playfully hit him on his shoulder as he led me through the foyer by the eastern entrance and onto the driveway, where a handsome looking Dominic was waiting for me.

"See you at the announcement party," Jee-min winked as he walked back into the Calvetti residence, smiling to himself.

"What's got him in such a great mood?" Dominic asked, as he watched me approach him.

"He's being mean to me as usual," I grumbled.

Chuckling softly at our usual playfulness, his blue eyes slowly scanned my the entirety of my body.

Dominic took his time to observe me, from the way the black strappy heels encased my feet to the way the sultry and sophisticated fit me, enjoying how it stopped above my knees. He smirked at my outfit, clearly appreciating its design. With its satiny lapels and shapely silhouette, it definitely added some luxe to the traditional tux.

"You look like a gangster in that dress, all you're missing is a Tommy gun," Dominic stated, his smile widening.

Grinning back at him, I raised the dress to my mid-thigh, showing him the purple garter belt that held my CW 9. The weapon was resting against my outer thigh and on my inner thigh, there was a small switchblade.