Epilogue

Mexico - 10 Years Later

The door of the private jet opened and a woman confidently disembarked, four bodyguards trailing behind her. When her clear-strapped heels clicked onto the tarmac, Jade paused to inhale the fresh air.

Her sleek purple hair was styled in a bob cut, which stopped at her shoulders. The colour of her glossy tresses contrasted beautifully with the white pants suit she wore.

Taking off her shades, the charms on her yellow gold bracelet sparkled in the sun. Squinting her green eyes, she looked around the private airfield. A smile came to her face at the row of five silver Land Rovers that were parked, waiting for her.

The backdoor of the vehicle in the middle suddenly opened, and a child's voice happily greeted her, "Yay you're back! I missed you so much!"

Grinning broadly, Jade leaned down and picked up the toothy five-year-old, whose brown wavy hair was styled in cute pigtails, "I missed you too, pumpkin!"

"Marta Blaire Morales! I told you to wait for me!" Cristiano said, as he walked up to them.

With his face having matured slightly, he now sported a low beard that complimented his medium-length textured haircut. On the left side of his face, however, ran a long and deep scar from his brow to his jawline. It was a gift from his father José as punishment for helping Jade escape back in Miami all those years ago.

Truth be told, the scar made him even more handsome, giving him a dangerous and rugged look, one suited of a Cartel boss. The colour of his blue-green eyes was as bright as ever as his gaze travelled over Jade's body.

"Sorry Papa," Marta pouted.

"I swear she takes after you," Cristiano chuckled softly as he looked at them.

Jade grinned as she replied, "You say that as if it's a bad thing."

Even though he raised an eyebrow at her reply, Cristiano could not deny the truth of her words. He would be proud for Marta to grow into such a strong an independent woman. The last decade had been interesting to say the least, and there was no doubting the love he had had for Jade all these years later.

Shaking his head to refocus his mind, he kissed his daughter's forehead then pecked Jade's cheek before he escorted them back to the vehicle, the young girl sitting in between them.

"So, how was your flight?" Cristiano asked.

Grinning, she replied, "Oh you know I always have the best time when you send the jet out for me. Especially when Felipe is on bodyguard duty."

The years had been good to Jade, and while there had been a lot of emotional fluctuations, she had not changed much physically. Well, except for her hair and one other small yet significant change.

The Calvetti insignia had been tattooed on the right inner side of her left ring finger.

"Will you be staying longer this time, Aunty J? Why didn't you bring Aurelio with you?" Marta's light brown eyes sparkled.

"Sorry sweetie, but he went with his dad to New York..." Jade said before adding, "Auri did send something for you though, I'll give it to you when we reach the manor."

Beaming, the little girl then focused on the magnetic tangram puzzle on her lap, allowing the adults to talk.

"I take it that Alessandro finally caved and asked for Dominic's help again?" Cristiano enquired with a grin that showed off the two gold teeth at the back on the left side of his mouth.

"As we predicted," Jade answered, her smile just as wide.

When they arrived at the large mansion, Jade lifted Marta into the air, hugging the young girl tightly to her once more.