Chapter 55

One of the things that I could never get use to is, having to wake up early in the morning with my parents greeting me with wide smiles.

I stopped midway the stairs, as I gave them questioning looks. "What's going on?"

My mom gave me her heartwarming smile, while dad stood beside her. "Goodmorning son."

"Uh..good morning?"

Kai chuckled at my greeting, as he neared me by the stairs. "You look freaked out or something."

I barely nodded, as I ascended the remaining steps, and to be pulled into a hug by Jake. While Kai stepped back, standing besied my parents.

"Ohayo alex-kun!" Jake beamed, hugging me tightly. I breathed out, as he caught me by surprise, nearly making me trip.

I chuckled, pulling back I ruffled his hair. "Good morning to you too Jake."  

After letting go of Jake, I slowly turned toward my parents. They were smiling at me, creeping me out a bit. I raised an eyebrow, as I eyed them both. "What's wrong..mom?"

My mom seems to be holding in a lot of air, since she suddenly bursted and ran to hug me. And once again, I was caught in surprise.

"Whoa. Mom!" I held her in an embrace, as she sniffed. I pulled her back, holding her at arms length," Mom are you crying?"I asked, while she refused to look at me.

My dad gave out a kindheartedly laugh, as he approached us two. He placed an arm around mom, whom I had finally let go. My dad ushered her outside, smiling back at me. "Your mom gets emotional on first dates. Same happened with your sisters." 

Once they were gone, my jaw dropped. Then realization hit me, making me blush hard. First date.

Kai chuckled beside me, which I wasn't able to notice until he held my hand. 

"Alex is red!" Jake beamed, smiling in-front of me. With his words, I became more conscious of my tomato-red face. I looked away, as I tightly held Kai's hand.

This is so embarrassing. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sitting down, I stole a quick glance at Kai. He looks happy, and his eyes showed excitement. I wonder what he planned for our date. I must've been staring at Kai, since he turned to look at me. 

"Hi." Instead of being embarrassed that I was caught, I bravely smiled back. 

"Ew. I can't handle this shit. So early in the morning too." Blake's voice dripped with disdain, with a hint of teasing. I glared up at Blake, who was smirking down on me. 

"Morning Blake." Kai greeted Blake, who wasn't fazed by Blake's earlier words.

Blake rolled his eyes in return, slumping in the seat beside Jake.