Chapter 8

Once we arrived home Jake was pulled upstairs by Blake. Jake looked at me for help and I was about to follow when Kai stopped me, "It's okay. I'll talk to him."

He jogged upstairs while I went to the kitchen to get myself a drink. Grabbing a bottle of water, I sat on a chair and rested my head on my forearms and placed on the counter table.

I waited because I don't want to go to my room yet, chances are they're talking in Blake's room and that's just across mines. Upon hearing footsteps I looked up to see one of the maids working here, she seemed surprised to see me as well. She did a curtsy bow and left hurriedly.

That's another thing I'm still getting used to, there's like people who work in the house but not once have I ever seen one of them. Well now I did with that lady. We would leave a room all messed up and after half an hour the place would be sparkly clean and new.

"You okay there?" Kai was now sitting beside me with his hand on my shoulder.

I nodded, "Yeah. How's Jake?"

"I'm okay! And alive~" Jake chirped hugging me from behind, when did he get here?

"That's good to hear." I ruffled his hair. Kai chuckled when Jake gave me a scowl.

"My hair!!"

Kai abruptly stopped laughing when Blake entered the kitchen, and Jake hung his head in silence too.

"What's with the weird silence?" Blake muttered walking up the fridge to grab a can of iced coffee, he was walking back when he stopped beside me, "I want to talk to you." He muttered and went out.

I got up and followed his footsteps towards the Livingroom, "Stay here." I said to Jake and Kai.

***

Blake was sitting on one of the couches taking a sip of his coffee, once he saw me he placed the can on the table and straightened himself.

I sat on the couch across him and looked at him, "What do you want to talk about?"

His expression was indifferent;" I wanted to apologize for what you witnessed earlier."

I nodded, "Okay. I get it you don't like your younger brother cross-dressing."

"It's not that I have anything against people who cross-dress or....gay people." He mumbled the last part that I had to ask him to repeat.

"What? I didn't catch that?"

He glared at me but then his expression softened, "I don't have anything against gay people, so...so don't feel offended."

Gay people. Okay. My heart sped up. Calming myself...

"You don't get it, do you?" He asked, I shook my head, "Get what?"

I seriously don't.

He sighed frustrated, "never mind."

"And, and I'm really not offended." I assured him with a smile.

"Good, I'll be heading upstairs then." He took his can of coffee and retreated to his room.

I leaned my back and sighed happily. He doesn't hate gay people that thought brought a small smile in my face.

But that doesn't mean he likes you!

That thought made me frown. That's right, he might not hate gay people but that doesn't mean he likes one..

Why do I bother?

He's weird, annoying and straight.

Could there be a possibility that I like him?

Hmm.. maybe a tiny bit. Just a crush?

I gasped in realization, I like Blake.

My heartbeat sped up again.

I'm in deep trouble.