Chapter 28

School Festival.

Being part of the school committee means that I have to participate with this year's school festival. I don't even know what to do yet everyone is counting on me and my abilities. I joined the committee because I didn't want to join any club, but now I'm assigned a more challenging task.

"Don't worry. You can do it." Kai placed a warm hand on my right shoulder giving it a light squeeze as he tried to encourage me. I felt something weird within me but I pushed it away as I gave a nod in reply.

Jake pumped his fist in the air. "Yes! Fighting!"

"Fighting?"

"He's cheering you on." Kai explained.

I nodded slowly and looked around. The school yards are practically deserted and I've noticed that Mika and Reiji haven't come out yet. I turned to ask my friends. "Where are Mika and Reiji? Aren't club practices cancelled for the upcoming school festival?"

It's been two months now. Two months and nothing changed much between kai and me, but I'm more than happy that everything has gotten back to normal even though there are times I can feel my heart wanting to explode sometimes.

"Don't know. Last time I saw her she was with Reiji." Risa answered who was twirling a ball on her finger as she leaned against the bicycle stand.

Yui raised her hand and Jake nudged her to speak. "I think he's going to-"

Whatever Yui was about to say was cut short when our attentions landed on the entrance doors of the school. There two bodies stood next to each other as close as possible, our eyes soon landed on their hands since it was entwined with each other.

"I knew it!" Jake exclaimed and we all waited as they walked towards us.Yui rushed over to Mika's side and gave her a hug followed by a smiling Risa.

"So you finally decided to .." I smirked at an impassive looking Reiji. He casually shrugged but when Mika and the girls looked away, he gave a lopsided grin.

Kai chuckled and patted his back. "Take care of her." Reiji gave a curt nod. He excused himself and grabbed Mika's hand saying his farewell to the girls. "I have to take my girlfriend home now." He gave a salute while Mika blushed furiously beside him with her head looking downwards.

"How cute." Kai chuckled amusedly.

Once they were out of sight everyone said their goodbyes and went our separate ways. Since everyone was also busy with their individual responsibility regarding the School Festival, I was left alone to go the library. I really regretting procrastinating on my school project and now I'm lagging behind.

"Bye~" Jake waved like a frantic maniac and I took a right turn towards the Public Library .After a few steps away I heard footsteps behind me and I turned around to see Kai.

He grinned. "Hi there."

"What are you doing?" I asked.

He came closer. "Helping you with your project."

"Aren't you supposed to be busy with the school festival?" I asked as we started move forward. He simply shrugged.

"I can start tomorrow, besides I did promise that I'll take you to the Public Library, remember?"

A smile crept into my face as I recalled his promise. It was the first time that I was going to hang out with the girls, Jake and him. Things sure did change within this past months.