17. Spa Day

"What? I'll never quick volleyball!" Akira yelled back at her father. He had been more supportive than her mother, but he was never someone she could look up to.

"You are our daughter, you listen to what we have to say."

"I put you in this world, I can easily take you out of it." Her mother knew she didn't mean what she said. She just hated how disappointing her daughter was.

"Then do it! I'd rather not be here than live in a life without volleyball. This is my life and I have nothing else." Her mother became fed up. She raised her hand and a loud smack came from the hallway. Akira held her cheek and look up at her mother, she had just smacked her in the face.

"You had Toru but you messed that up too!"

"He cheated on me, you think it was my fault?"

"A man cheats when something in the relationship is missing. With this attitude, you'll never find a man who will stay with you! You're worthless on the court and you're certainly not smart enough to be captain of that team. You can't even keep a man and all you have to do is do what he asks!" Her mother kept ranting on, Akira grew tears in her eyes.

"That's it, you're done." Her father stopped his wife from continuing.

"Done? What are you..?"

"When we get home, you're leaving." Akira looked at her parents in shock.

"You're kicking me out? I'm not even done high school!" Her father walked away, her mother staying to get the last word.

"You aren't my daughter anymore, just a big disappointment." That was the last time Akira spoke to her parents...

Akira's eyes opened with a deep inhale. When she realize she was laying in her vacation bed, she exhaled and sat up, putting her face in her hands. Looking to the side, she saw Ushijima's naked back facing her, lightly moving up and down, indicating he was still asleep.

She quietly pulled the covers off of her and crawled out of bed, the cold air hitting her bare legs in her pajama shorts. She tiptoed to the bedroom door and being as stealthy as possible, opened the door and closed it behind her, stepping into the hallway. She walked down the wooden stirs, trying to work around the creaks of them.

Making it all the way down, she quietly walked into the kitchen and sifted through the cabinets for a glass cup. She opened up the cabinet to her right and found what she was looking for. Taking one of the cups, she closed the cabinet and slowly turned on the sink, filling the cup up with cold water.

When she turned the tap off, she brought the cup to her lips and happily drank the cold liquid. Her dry throat felt much more relieved and she lightly sighed to herself, setting the now empty glass in the sink.

"Akira?" She jumped and turned her head in the direction of the tired voice calling out for her. He was leaning against the railing of the stairs, lightly rubbing his tired eyes.

"Wakatoshi, why are you awake?" She whispered, walking over to him. He didn't bother putting on a shirt back on when he knew he'd go back to sleep when she did.

"I saw you weren't in your bed so I came to see if you were alright or wanted some company." She lightly blushed at his sweetness, fighting his tiredness to be there for her.

"I'm okay, Toshi baby," She mutter before wrapping her arms around his waist and burying her face into his chest. He slowly brought his arms to wrap around her back, pulling her into his body.