10. Game Night

A few weeks had passed since their awkward encounter and they had retained their usual conversation going. Say hello when they met in front of their door and waving goodnight when they saw each other out when it was dark outside. But, Akira was hosting her first small party in her apartment since all of her friends were available tonight. 

She requested off work this Friday so she didn't have to rush everyone out. she sent a text to all her good friends which included: Kenna and her brother, Bokuto and Akaashi, Daichi and Sugawara, she even invited Tsukishima so he could bring Yamaguchi. 

When she came to her apartment with bags of chips, dips, and boos, she looked at the door across the hall. She walked into her apartment and dropped the bags off at her kitchen counter before walking across the hall and knocking on the door. After a few seconds, she heard footsteps and the door opened.

"Hey, angel face!" Tendou replied very energetically.

"That's a new one, anyway. I'm having some people over tonight if you and Ushijima wanted to come over." She looked at him and gave him an inviting smile.

"Hmm, what's gonna be there? Any girls?" Tendou leaned against his door frame.

"I've got boos and games, that good enough?"

"Fine, what should I wear?"

"Something comfortable to move around in." She gave him an evil smile before running back to her apartment and getting her room ready. She knew at least one of the guests coming over would pass out, so she should get her couch and potentially her own bed ready, but only if it were her brother.

Akira pulled a few large bowls from her cabinet to put chips in, leaving the dips in their original jars. She put a stack of paper plates in case someone minded sharing the same dip. She pulled out a few shot glasses and wine glasses for Sugawara. He wasn't usually a drinker but when he did, he loves white wine and no one knew why except for Daichi. 

She knew Kuroo and Bokuto would challenge each other so she got their favorites, tequila. Personally, she'd drink just about anything and she was in her own home, meaning she had free reign to drink as much as she wanted. She bought a pack of beer for a few people to start, knowing others would bring their own as well.

When she finished folding up all the blankets in the living room, she heard a knock at the door.

"Sunshine, we're here!" Sugawara opened the door, knowing it was always unlocked. He had a bottle of red white for the hostess and Daichi had a case of beers for the two of them.

"So glad you guys could make it, I know you both are always so busy." She gave them both a hug and a kiss on the cheek when they came in. "If you want, you can put your stuff in the fridge and put a note with your name on it. I made sure to get sticky notes as you asked." She looked at Suga and he gave her a thumbs-up before he gave Daichi the bottle of wine and watched his boyfriend heading to the fridge.

"So, who's all coming?" Suga asked, finding a seat on the couch. 

"The usual, I couldn't get around to asking Hinata, but he's probably practicing in his free time like always. Lev and his sister are stuck at work as well-" She heard another knock at the door, opening it to see her brother with a big box in his hand and Kenma's face buried in his phone.

"I brought what you asked for, Kira." He gave her a kiss on the head before walking over to the TV and setting up what was in the box. Kenma picked his head up and nodded at her, her smiling in return. Kenma was never the social type, but he never had a problem with Akira being around them when the two boys hung out. Before she shut the door, she heard an old voice calling for her.