30. One Big Family

Almost a year later

"Aimi, baby! You ready to go see daddy play?" Akira asked, bouncing the cute baby on her knee as she lightly laughed.

Aimi babbled something that sounded like a yes, throwing her tiny hands in the air and giggling. Her mother smiled down at her and blew kisses on her cheeks.

"Okay, everything's ready so let's get going!" Akira stood from the couch and rested the little baby on her hip.

The baby looked more and more like a female Ushijima every day. Her big olive eyes were so precious and it made all of her friends jealous of the little baby. The first few months were rough, but Aimi was getting more and more cheerful, as in less crying and finally more sleeping. 

Since Ushijima mainly drove just to practice, he started to take Akira's car and she took his. His car was much bigger and could hold Aimi's car seat, so it was the best thing to do. She was back to work in a few weeks, sometimes bringing in Aimi when she had to.

Today, Aimi was going to her first volleyball game to surprise her dad. It was the last day of his tournament, meaning today's game was the finals and it was super important for Akira to be there and support her boyfriend.

It was much colder outside, meaning Akira dressed her baby in layers. Aimi had on a white puffy coat, hiding her custom white Schweiden onesie underneath. It was tucked into a pair of dark blue pants and small white boots. Aimi loved them and kept asking her mother if she could wear them.

Except instead of words, it was more like blabbers, pointing, and refusing all the other shoes. 

Akira had on a Schweiden hoodie she ordered a few weeks before. It was white with Ushijima's name and number on the back.She wore it with a pair of black leggings and her usual white sneakers. 

She strapped Aimi into her carseat, triple checking that everything was secure and wouldn't unbuckled during the ride. With a kiss on the baby's forehead, Akira got ready to drive down to the Tokyo Stadium, about 20 minutes form home.

The ride consisted of Akira playing child songs form her prime and singing them in the car with a giggling Aimi. She was such a good baby, didn't cry much and had lots of energy. Her personality was more like Akira's when she was a kid, curious about everything and always falling back to her family.

She was glad her child wasn't going to have parents like Akira's.

The two arrived at the gym in no time, finding a spot decently close to the entrance of the gym. Akira didn't mind walking and since Aimi couldn't, she'd just sit in the stroller while her mother pushed her.

Strapping Aimi in the baby stroller, Akira hurried to the entrance, Aimi lightly giggling in her seat. As much as Akira wanted Aimi to be a momma's girl, she was Ushijima's pride and joy. 

After long days of work, she'd come home to see her boyfriend asleep on the couch with Aimi sleeping on top of his chest. He'd have a protective hand on her back in case she shifted in any sort of way, making sure she didn't fall off.

The first few weeks were difficult for Ushijima, someone who grew up with mostly his mother and no siblings. He had no idea how to take care of girls, kids, even his own kid, he struggled. He'd call his mother when Akira was at work if Aimi would continue to cry without stopping.

He grew up to be an amazing man, and certainly one hell of a dad. Akira was glad she ended up with Ushijima, he was everything she wanted and needed in a man. His romantic side, his manners, his new parenting skills.

His bedroom skills were just the extra cherry on top.

They hadn't had any sexual interactions after Aimi was born, too focused on taking care of their baby. It didn't really bother either of them, but it'd be nice to have some type of time to themselves.