32. Moving Day

"I still can't believe you did this." Akira said, leaning her shoulder on Ushijima's arm.

The two stood in front of a large house, admiring how luxurious it looked on the outside. This was something that Ushijima had done without telling Akira and it made her a bit angry, but it was surprise he did just for her and their daughter.

The house was huge. It had grey siding that accented the natural brick of the walls. There were lots of windows in the house, accented with black shutters beside them and lots of natural light filling out the house.

Kuroo was following Aimi as she ran into the house. Now, she was almost 5 and absolutely loved everything about her life. Their new house was only 10 minutes from her school and 30 minutes for both her parents to drive to work.

The moving truck was full of boxes and a bunch of their friends to help them move everything into the house. Akira and Ushijima stood by her car, his arm around her waist as they admired their new life.

As a professional volleyball player, he didn't mind going all out for the house. It wasn't just for him, but the family he loved and adored.

"But you love it, right? It's a purchase I can't exactly return." Ushijima said, kissing the top of her head.

"Of course I do, but you're still an idiot ya know." She said back smartly, looking up at him with a smile on her face.

They both turned back to watch to watch their friends take out boxes from the truck. The group consisted of Tendou, Daichi, Semi, Kuroo, Lev and Suga. Suga mostly directed everyone where to put the boxes as he watched his husband lift heavy boxes and gawk at him.

Akio was doing his best to help, but he was only 8 and couldn't lift up furniture. He kept Aimi busy by trying to play with her out of their parents' way and make sure she didn't go out venturing too far.

The back yard had a large space for her to play in surrounded by large trees. It was a great place for the kids to explore and it warmed Akira's heart to see Aimi enjoying their new home.

"You still didn't say why the house is so big. It's only the three of us." Akira looked up at Ushijima, waiting for his response but he only laughed.

"I'm going to help move boxes, you can start unboxing things." He kissed her forehead, ignoring the question as he jogged towards the large moving van. 

She scuffed at him, rolling her eyes before walking towards the house to find her daughter. The house was pretty empty, just a few boxes filling up the space for right now. Akira still wondered how Ushijima had such good taste to get a house like this.

The space reminded her of what her home used to be like before it became toxic. Before she had to leave to go live with her brother. This was the family she needed and she couldn't have anything better.

"Chibi, don't look so sad." Kuroo said, walking up to his sister from the kitchen.

"It just feels too perfect, and I don't want it to go away." Her brother lightly frowned at her response before lightly smiling and pulling her into a tight hug.

"I promise you chibi, this family you have is staying 'til the end of time." His comment made her lightly smile, wrapping her arms back around him and resting her head on his chest.

"Mommy mommy mommy!" Aimi said, running into the living room towards her mother.

Akira let go of Kuroo, bending over and picking up her daughter when she ran over. She was getting bigger and it did upset everyone how fast she was growing. But, she became more mature and more enthusiastic about her life and what would become of it.

The New Neighbor (USHIJIMA X OC)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें