3. The Match

Third Person Perspective

"Tetsu~!" Akira squealed, running in to hug him. Ushijima was a few steps behind her, her brother completely oblivious.

"Chibi!" Tetsu picked her up, swinging her around before he placed her back down. "So, who's your plus one, is it a she? Is she hot?" Tetsu raised his eyebrows at his sister and she rolled her eyes. When her "plus one" came into view, Tetsu was in shock. "HE is your plus one?"

"You know him?" Akira said and he laughed. 

"Something like that." He decided to let his sister wait and see what Ushiwaka could do. While they were catching us and Kuroo stopped shooting threatening glares at Ushijima.

"Well, Ushijima, this is my brother, Tetsuro. But, I'm guessing you already know that." Akira said and awkwardly laughed.

"I didn't know you two were related." Ushijima said, looking at the two siblings. When they stood next to each other, all the similarities were pieced together. They had the same black hair and cat-like golden eyes. Height difference was big. Kuroo was 6'4 at most and Akira was a foot shorter than him.

Tetsuro started a conversation to try and intimidate Ushijima. He didn't have any personal problems, but if he was interested in his sister, he'd strangle him. Kuroo was very protective of everyone in his life, from his own sister to his currently sick roommate. Akira looked towards the rest of the team warming up. Her eyes lit up when she saw a familiar grey haired male she hadn't seen in months.

"Sugawara!" Akira left the conversation and ran full speed towards him, tackled him. Little did she know, his boyfriend was sending glares her way.

"Oh sunshine!" Sugawara hugged the little female back, trying to sit up. She pulled back from him and looked up to see Daichi, his glare was gone and he was smiling at her.

"Daichi!" She stood up and gave him a less aggressive hug. Daichi scared her, she knew she had to play nice.

"It's great to see you again, Akira." Daichi said, but his body stiffened when he saw Ushijima talking to Kuroo. "Is that Ushiwaka?"

"Okay, is there something I don't know and why do you call him Ushiwaka?" Suga and Daichi gave each other a stare, then burst out laughing. They thought back to when their high school team played Ushijima in the spring tournament and defeated him.

"Oh, sunshine, you'll find out." Suga smiled at her before continuing to practice passing with Daichi. Akira headed back to her brother, looked like he was going to choke out Ushijima.

"So, who's our sixth?" She spoke to soon.

"Wow, I think you got smaller from the last time I saw you." She turned around to see an annoying blonde standing behind her. She rolled her eyes and looked at her brother.

"Of all people-" Before she could finish, her brother chopped her in the side. She immediately grabbed it and winced. Tsukishima looked over her and stared at Ushijima. They had a small rivalry during their nationals game years ago, and some of the tension was still there. Ushijima thought back to how big of a pain Tsukishima was as an opponent, glad he didn't have to deal with him right now.

"Are you alright?" Ushijima focused back to the small girl holding her side and asked, almost grabbing her shoulder before Kuroo shooed him away.

"Still starstruck over me? That's cute." Tsukishima said sarcastically.

"In your dreams, bean pole!" She glared up at him and he laughed at her.

"This is an interesting plus one you brought, I must say." Akira looked back to see the two tall males staring at each other. Since she was so short, they were glaring at each other over her head.