12. Aftermath

"Oh, kitty cat," Akira heard her name being called, making her jolt from bed. She looked around the room to see that her bedroom was a mess, but there was a man standing at her bedroom door. She could just see the shadow slowly approach her, terrifying her.

She was terrified of the dark.

"No, please!" Akira tried to move from her bed, but she was chained down, literally. Her wrists were bonded by the headboard and her feet were tied together.

"You think you'll get away this time, kitty cat?" Akira was shaking, struggling to get out. Soon, the man was hovering over her and she began to cry hysterically. She called out for help, but it never came.

"Wakatoshi!"

Ushijima's eyes slowly opened from his name being called in the other room. He was a light sleeper, hence why he woke up by the sudden call to him. He rubbed his eyes and stretched his arms before standing up and walking over to his bedroom to see what Akira called him for.

When he walked in, he could see much until she turned to face him. The light of the moon reflected off of the wet tears covering her cheeks. Her cries of help soon turned to sobs and Ushijima became worried. The best thing he thought of was to wake her up.

"Akira," He gently rubbed her back trying to get her to open her eyes. When they finally did, Akira let out a loud cry and began to look around the room, panicked. She didn't recognize Ushijima at first, making her cover away as if she were crawling away from him.

"Akira, it's okay. It's me," His deep voice had soothes her loneliness as she crawled back over to him and wrapped her arms around his neck tight. He hesitated on what to do, but soon returned the gesture and felt her shaking from crying.

"Please don't leave again," Ushijima nodded in response, climbing into his bed and holding Akira close to him all night. His scent and warmth truly soothed her, letting her sleep peacefully.

Akira groaned as she woke up. She rolled from her back to her side, but a heavy arm was draped over her waist. She saw the most gorgeous view she ever laid her eyes on.

Ushijima had his arm draped over her and he was fast asleep.

He was usually a light sleeper, being used to living with Tendou since high school, but he was too comfortable and too warm to open his eyes at the moment. 

Akira lightly smiled and lightly brushed a piece of hair from his face so she could perfectly see his face. His lips were slightly parted and his eyes were fluttered closed.

"You know," Ushijima said, his eyes still closed. "for someone who doesn't like to be looked at, you tend to stare at me a lot." He finally opened his eyes to look at her. He respectfully kept his shirt on, even though he likes sleeping without it. He didn't want to make his guest uncomfortable.

"I couldn't help it," She mumbled and he pulled her in closer to his chest. She blushed, feeling his warm muscles surround her body. She put her hands on his chest and snuggled back into him.

"How are you feeling?" Ushijima asked, lightly tracing circles on her back with his finger.

"Still slightly shaken up, but I'm okay. Right now, I feel safe." Akira started to outline his muscles through his shirt with her finger, giving him chills. Her small hands felt so warm, he wanted to stay like this for a while.

Ushijima was taken out of his thoughts when he heard knocking on the front door.

"Kira!" Akira felt the warmth disappear and the bed beside her dip when she heard someone calling her name. Ushijima had gotten up to go answer the door to his apartment.