28. Surprise Party

Akira's first trimester was over and it was certainly a handful. Ushijima wouldn't leave for practice an hour early like he usually did, staying home longer to take care of his girlfriend.

Morning sickness was awful, but usually she'd be fine by the time she drove to work. Ushijima made sure to make her healthy meals for breakfast and dinner to make sure she was eating enough for two people.

The couple went to the doctors to get the gender of the baby, but Akira insisted on giving the envelop to Ushijima. She always wanted a party, but she had never told anyone but her best friend. So, what did her boyfriend do?

Plan her a surprise party.

He didn't open the envelope either. Ushijima wanted to be just as surprised as Akira. The only two that knew were Sugawara and Daichi, who were setting up a party for the couple after she got off of work.

They made sure to invite Ushijima's and Akira's friends, to their luck, everyone had said yes to their invitation. Suga had made up something along the lines of inviting the couple over for dinner tonight, even though Ushijima knew it wasn't dinner.

Currently, Akira was sitting at her desk at work, waiting for a certain envelope to get placed on her desk. She had submitted her magazine design in last week, meaning the first copy would be printed and given to her to see how it came out.

In the mean time, she looked over the next person she'd get to go interview. Unlike her brother, she was more on the design aspect fo the studio while he was the one who'd go to games and write articles about them.

"Kuroo?" A small knock came to the door, one of her co-workers slowly peaking their head in.

"Come in, Kato. Is it ready yet?" She said excitingly, standing up from her chair.

"Yup, just as you requested." He walked dover to her and handed her the large yellow envelope. 

She quickly opened the envelope, careful not to tear the work inside. When the magazine came to view, Akira pulled it out and admired the glossy pages. She couldn't hide her squeal, lightly jumping up and down.

"It's great for your first cover, I heard the boss assigned you another one already, that's impressive." He said, giving her a light smile.

Kato was flirtatious to all the women in the office, so Akira was just another woman in the workplace for him. She wasn't far along in her pregnancy and it was a big hard to tell she was from the outfits she wore. Loose blouses and flare pants were her best friend.

"This is just, so exciting! I get to tell him once I go home too!" She squealed.

"Once you get home?" He asked, folding his arms.

"Don't worry about that part, I'm going to go tell my brother." She waved her hand, excusing herself from her office and walking down the halls to her brother's.

For the job, everyone had to dress professionally due to work policy and Akira didn't mind at all. She always wore heels that ached her feet to appear more professional, but it wouldn't last too long.

"Kuroo!" Akira whisper yelled, walking into her brother's office with her hand behind her back and a big smile on her face.

Her brother lifted his gaze from his office computer and looked up at his happy sister. At work, it was more professional to call everyone by their last names and they didn't want to go against policy.

Akira walked up to his desk and laid a magazine on his desk. It was the first copy of next month's volleyball magazine and it covered her interview and the piece she did on no one other than her boyfriend.