31. Down the Aisle She Goes

Over a year later

"Goodness, Akira. That haircut didn't take off much, did it?" Sugawara's mom said, wrapping the strand of long black from behind, twisting it, and pinning it up with the rest of her hair.

"You're the one that cut my hair, you know." Akira said, lightly smiling with her eyes closed.

"Don't move your face too much honey, I'm almost down." Ushijima's mom said, blending the last color of her daughter-in-law's eyeshadow.

Akira was currently sitting in a chair in front of a white vanity. The room was right above where her reception was in two hours. Since she didn't have her own mother to help, she got the help of Sugawara's and Ushijima's mothers to come and help her.

Instead of doing a traditional Japanese wedding, the couple decided on doing more of an American-themed wedding. Since the wedding didn't consist of Akira's parents, it was best to just keep mixing things up and Ushijima enjoyed that about her.

"Okay, I'm done!" Ushijima's mom pulled away, clasping her hands with the makeup brush in between them, admiring her work.

Akira opened her eyes to look in the mirror and see the final product. She had asked to keep it natural since it was the way Ushijima liked it. The eyeshadow was made up of soft neutral colors that were well blended together, a thin line of eyeliner to put it all together.

Her complexion looked smoothed, making her want to touch it, but it'd ruin the look. The soft pink lipstick was perfect to pull it all together, making Akira smile and lightly laugh in happiness.

"You look beautiful, honey." The two moms said, admiring her in the mirror. Sugawara's mom sprayed Akira's hair with hairspray to set everything and gave a thumbs up in the mirror.

"Wait, your veil," Ushijima's mom said, preventing Akira from standing up yet. She picked up the veil carefully and handed it to the other woman.

Sugawara's mom carefully clipped the sheer fabric into Akira's hair, lightly separating the fabric. Ushijima's mom help her and out for Akira to take, which she gladly did. She walked Akira over to the large mirror, holding up the long length of her dress as they walked.

"Look at you, you look perfect." Sugawara's mom said once Akira saw herself in the mirror.

Everything felt perfect. The makeup, her hair, and the big smile on her face.

Her dress was a piece that spent months to get a hold of. The top was a fancy white lace, the fabric running all the way down her arms, stopping at her wrists. The lace faded into a snow white fabric that reached the floor, a meter of fabric trailing behind her as she walked.

It was an A-line style, complimenting Akira's slim waist. It took weeks for her to lose her baby fat just to fit in this dress. Akira wanted to cry tears of happiness that this was actually happening and wasn't a dream she was reliving over and over again.

A soft knock was heard at the door, sending the three women's attention to the door and stiffening.

"Are you dressed? You have a visitor." Her best friend said on the other side of the door.

"Oh, it's just you Koushi, come in." Sugawara's mom said and he slowly opened the door, revealing him in a white suit with two kids on either side of him.

"Mommy!" Aimi ran over to her mother, holding her arms out to embrace her mom. "You look like a princess!" She said excitingly.

Akira squatted down and stuck her arms out, letting Aimi jump in her hold and wrap her arms around her neck.