~ Drabbles: Paws and Claws (2) ~

(A/N: Above is some art from Hirokoshi himself. I thought a visual was needed and below is a picture of Eve in her rabbit form. Just pretend she has reeeaalllyyy long ears.)

   I removed myself from my nest of comfort and stomped my little feet as a way to get someone's attention and was thankfully answered quickly

   Someone removed the blanket from the top of the cage and allowed me to view my surroundings more vividly. My classmates put me in a cage of course but we were all moved into the common area and I seemed to be placed on a coffee table in the center for everyone to see. I noticed that a few of my other classmates have vanished and a couple of new ones took their place. This meant that Sato, Momo, Mina, Denki, and Eijiro must have left the room for some reason while I was out cold but, Sero, Shoto, Katsuki, Tsu, Ochako, remained with Izuku, Toru, and Ojiro just arriving on the scene with a couple of plastic bags. They mostly talked among themselves about how odd it was for me to get another pet, or the announcement Aizawa made, and the strange behavior I displayed despite being a simple rabbit but that wasn't an issue at the moment.

   My eyes traveled frantically between each person but I couldn't find the bag of sweets. Once again my body moved on its own as I began to groom myself out of anxiousness before the conversation of my classmates seemed to shift in an unsettling direction.

   "It is weird that a rabbit was in Eve's room but, don't you think she would have told someone that she gained a new pet?" Sero crouched in front of the cage and examined me closely as he spoke.

   "Maybe she didn't want anyone to rat her out about it? Who knows if she got Aizawa's permission." Despite Toru being invisible, her actions were very distinct as she too pulled her face closer to the cage and began to coo at me.

   "Maybe Katsuki is right, we probably should call a vet or something to take the bunny since pets are still not allowed in the dorms." Shoto's words had me panicking even more at the thought of me turning back to normal in a random cage with no explanation on how I got there. Not only that, but I don't even know if and when the effects wear off, or if I will have clothes on since I don't remember Mrs. Tinniyani picking up a shirt or anything from the beginning.

   I began to spiral inside my own thoughts before a loud rumble from my tummy caught everyone in the room's attention. I was hungry and didn't even realize it, I was so busy panicking that I forgot I skipped breakfast and have yet to eat lunch. To further emphasize that I was hungry, I began to gnaw at the little bars of the cage but only got so far since the holes were so tiny that my little snout didn't come close to fitting through.

   "Aw, the poor thing is hungry. Maybe that's why she stole that candy." Ochacko's voice began to grow in pitch as she tried and failed to pet my fur through the holes of the cage.

   "What candy?" Izuku's voice caught my attention as he returned into the room with some sliced apples.

Oh god, why do the apples smell like heaven? Stupid rabbit brain!