Training is Hell

Izuku continued to cry but I didn't want to interfere. I could only imagine how much joy he was feeling at that moment. Having your dreams be confirmed by a hero is rare, even back home, but, to have your dreams unfold right before you and confirmed by the world's symbol of peace was like God blessing a normal person with wings to fly.

All Might's words had an amazing effect on the both us and apparently there was more as he raised his palms towards the sky and said,

"I deem both of you worthy of my power. My quirk is yours to inherit."

This is new.

Izuku and I must have made a face because when Izuku asked what he meant by "inheriting" a quirk, All Might threw his head back and laughed like a wheezing teapot. "You should see your faces right now. Don't worry, I'm not gonna force this thing on either of you."

His demeanor changes after taking a few steps closer to us and begins to speak in -what I assume- his grande speech voice as he points to us.

"Listen well you two. This is your choices! Will, you accept my awesome powers or not?" I blinked a couple times as I kept my poker face when he shouted. The blood coming from his mouth made his great speech from earlier lose its charm a little and make me want to giggle at him.

The words processed in my head a little but nothing he said seemed to make sense in how this world works but, it seemed like something that would take place in my world. I looked up to him as I begin to stand and said,

"You might want to tell us more about your quirk." Izuku nodded in agreement as we both looked to him with bewilderment.

"Very well, there are a couple of things you should know about my quirk. . . For years people have made guesses about my quirk, thinking it might be super strength or some kind of invulnerability. . . When people ask on interviews I always make a joke and dodge the question." He stops for a minute but I took this moment to ask him.

"Why dodge their questions?" He looks at me with his sad tired eyes and says, "It's because the world needs to believe that the symbol of peace is a natural born hero like any of them but I'm not. There's nothing natural about my ability." I assumed he is so used to making grand gestures that it seeped into his resting form because he then made a gesture that begged for rain from the sky as he continued.

"I wasn't born with this power, it was a sacred torch that was passed onto me by someone else."

"Someone gave you this quirk? No way." Izuku's timid voice made its way into my ears but the confirmation from All Might was enough to send Izuku into a world of bewilderment of mutters and self-questioning. I guess this is what it feels like when someone tells you a brain teaser and you just can't help but think deeply about it.

Izuku was already underway on a hot so silent mutter as it seemed to escalate by the second. I cleared my throat to grab All Might's attention and succeeding. I gesture to Izuku with my eyes as if he had to do something. He nods in understanding but when he spoke his voice was unsure at the start. When Izuku continues to mutter, All Might then shouted as he continued his speech.

"You have to adjust your reality and accept this new truth. I can transfer my quirk to someone else and that's just one facet of my secret abilities. . . The true name of my power is 'One for All'."

All Might then proceeded to explain One for all in much greater detail and how the power itself carries on the previous owner's strength and abilities while simultaneously enhances its host with each transfer. It grows as it is passed and that was his greatest secret. Izuku looks to me with sad eyes before looking to All Might once again as he asks,