Sports festivals . . . only the strong survive

Ķıđ . . . §øməțhıņğ ńəəđ§ țø bə §åıđ

Mal? Why is your voice so quiet?

   We had maybe a week or so before the sports festival and most have it has been me under heavy workouts like I did with Izuku and Mal has been even quieter since.

Ķıđ . . . I'm dying.

You are already dead.

Ñø . . . İ'm fąđıņğ ąñđ ýøů'řə §ťůćķ wıťh țhə Ŕıđəř.

. . . What?

  There was a large amount of silence before he started to speak again.

Įñ ťhı§ đıməñ§ıøñ, wə bøťh ćåń'ț əxı§ť. . . Øŕ åťłəå§ț İ čåń'ț.

Mal. I don't understand. What are you talking about?

İ'm đəťəřıøřåțıñğ . . . Ťhı§ ı§ høw ıť §høůłđ bə.

You're saying you're leaving my head?

. . . Ýə§.

   My mind was running a little since the thought of him suddenly not existing was a little heavy, even if we had issues with each other. He was a pain in the ass, but I was fine with him being there.

Ķıđ . . . İť's mý țįmə. Bəføřə İ ğø . . . Ğø țø ťhə pıəř. . . Płəå§ə.

   Mal has never said the please for anything in the time we spent together. It was at this moment that I knew he was serious. I got up from my apartment floor and began to jog to the pier.

   The sun was hanging low and the entire water looked like molten lava. I took off my shoes and socks and began to walk on the coarse sand. I was instructed to sit and stare at the sun and let the water hit my feet as the tide softly foamed around my toes.

Ýøů đə§əřvə ţø §əə țhə țřűțh čhıłđ.

Wha-

   Images flashed across my eyes, the world seemed to slip away and darkness tunneled my eyesight. I was taken back to the nightmare I had before my life with the Midoriyas began. I saw the fire again and felt the familiar feeling of laying in ash on itchy grass, but the scene changed.

   I was standing in the church before the fire. It was bright and beautiful, but the entire place was only illuminated with candle lights and silver moonlight. It was perfect until I turned towards the sound of voices. It was my dad and a pastor. They exchanged a few inaudible words before a young woman barged into the church.

   It was my mom, young and full of spirit and crying with an endless stream of tears. I was so confused until she held my dad as close as possible and took his hand to her stomach. My eyes grew sorrowful until I heard my dad say something that chilled me.

   "Father Malaky! Give us peace please!" My head began to spin and so did the memory until I was stabilized enough to see where I was sitting. I looked around to see I was sitting in the bleached white floors of a hospital. I see the pastor and my dad talking outside of a hospital room and just a little farther was my mom and another woman, but this woman was familiar to me in some weird way.