A New Life

As soon as the morning light hit my eyes, I jumped off the sofa just to fold the blankets and set it nicely on its arms. To be honest I have no idea what the age restrictions are here but I will try to find a job regardless. I wrote a little note for the Midoriyas that I will be back soon and started off into the city. This place was really pretty and reeeeaaallly bright. Home was never this bright, even on a good day in the L.A. outskirts seemed to have a haze over the sun. As I walked down the street I noticed a sort of farmers market a good ways away from the apartment complex that read, "Tatooin shopping District". It was truly adorable and I couldn't help but smile at how it reminded me of the flea markets that would go on in West Covina.

        I walked into the market absentmindedly but my dazed thoughts were cut short when I sensed someone stealing. . . I guess there's one in every universe. I quickly turn around and grab the unknown person's wrist in an iron clasp.

        "O-ow. Ow. Ow. O-okay I didn't want that man's rotten strawberries anyways."

        He drops the sack in his opposite hand full of the delicate fruits back on the stand and walks briskly out of the market after I gave him a final squeeze on his bones. "Thanks, kid. . . You have the reflexes of my daughter when cake is in the room." I turn to the stand owner and am greeted with a crooked smile under a tattered old hat and an unruly beard of white and pepper with his curled hair to match. He met my fiery eyes with his soulful ones and I knew he had something on his mind about me.

        "Thank you and sorry to disrupt business. I'll be on my way."

        "Oh now don't be like that. These bones aren't what they used to be but this mind of mine is quick as a whip." he shakily stands up and outstretched his hand over his products to me.

         "I'm Slader. But you can call me chief or better yet, grandpap."

        "Why would I need to call you any of those?" he gives me a sly grin and grabs a hold of my hand and shakes it firmly as he can. "I'm welcomin' you to my business of farmin'. These folks like to take what they can see but judging by those fire colored peepers of yours. . . You can see way more than what's on the surface." I had to chuckle at his demeanor. I sensed no strings attached, no evil intentions, not even a lie in his sentence. I peeked a little into his head and finally understood his mystic ways of speaking. . . He had the power to peek into my head for current knowledge. A nifty power but seriously dampened by time by age.

        "Glad to be on board chief." He flashes me another crooked smile and comments, "You start on Monday. Best get on home kid. I imagine that you got some company to keep." He gives me a green and apron before I head off back to the house.

         I swiftly make my way past the streets, sparing a glance at my iPod for the time. It was 6:45 am. hopefully I could make breakfast for Izuku and Inko before they went on with their day; the same goes for me. I make it into the house swiftly and quietly but I wasn't the only one awake. Inko was already bustling in the kitchen making omelets and a packed lunch for Izuku for Monday . . . I think.

        "Oh! Eve-chan! I was wondering when you'd be back. Anyways since you are back, I have something important to tell you."

        "Good Morning Inko and I have some news too. . . Wait, how important?" she takes my arm and sets me across from her. She seemed so giddy as she rushed from the table back to the kitchen to prepare breakfast. She sets her eyes on me with a wide smile

        "So I thought it would be best if you could watch over Izuku at his school. If you don't want to, of course, that's more than-"

        "I-I would like that. Alot actually but. . . wouldn't that be more trouble for you? And I don't really know how to act around people." I interrupted her out of the thought of meeting new people excited me but, I honestly felt sad at the loneliness I might experience; This time with people around. I must have made a face because Inko caught it and asked,