THIRTY-THREE

The joke is on us.

I did all that "crying" for the money to go to greed island and the rain is so bad the trip was cancelled. So many of us were disappointed. It was out last trip as seniors together but Mother Nature said fuck all that.

So here we are, lounging around the living room.

Jooheon: This sucks.
Kihyun: I agree.

I shrug, not really minding it.

I love the rain and I love it even more now that I have a boyfriend to cuddle with. He gives me an Oreo and I thank him.

Changkyun: Well it could be worse, we could've got all the way out there and then had to stay in the hotel.
Mahogany: True.
Me: So what now?

__

We stand on the porch watching it come down.

Me: This wasn't what I had in mind.
Jooheon: We're going to race to the end of the street and back whoever lose has to make food.
Mahogany: A game of rock, paper, scissors wouldve sufficed!

"GO!"

We all take off and the rain is as heavy and cold as I thought it would be, my vision is blurred and I just pray for the best as I run full speed ahead.

My shirt is clinging to my body and my hair no doubt has me looking like a poodle. Someone comes beside me and grabs my hand pulling me with them.

Changkyun.

It felt like it took years to make it back to the house.

Me: Where's Kihyun?
Mahogany: He fell so I left him.
Me: Girlfriend of the year huh?

She smiles innocently.

The boy in question walks up looking equally tired and a mess as the rest of us.

Kihyun: Pork cutlets anyone?

__

After showering and changing into dry clothes we all settle down to watch a movie.

Mahogany: Eventhough we couldn't go to greed island this was just as fun.
Jooheon: True and Kihyun's food is always good.

We spent the rest of the afternoon laughing and stuffing our faces. Jooheon fell asleep on the couch, Mahogany and Kihyun went to his room leaving Changkyun and I to sit on the porch watching the downpour.

Changkyun: It's something oddly comforting about the rain.
Me: I know what you mean.

I lean my head on his shoulder not saying anything, just enjoying the moment.

Changkyun: I didn't know what it'd be like when I moved back, but I definitely didn't think I would find a girlfriend.
Me: Life is full of surprises right?
Changkyun: I just hope I can make you happy.
Me: You do.

He kisses the top of my head making me smile.

__

we're getting to the end.

phew. it has taken me forever to finish this book