TWENTY-FOUR

Hyungwon chuckles.

Hyungwon: So you guys got the money after all?
Me: Yep, Hul hates to see women crying. Although I do feel kind of bad for deceiving him.

He nods.

Hyungwon: Yeah, you're probably going to hell.
Me: Shut up and eat your soup.
Hyungwon: Which reminds me, you didn't need to travel all this way to bring me some soup.
Me: What are friends for?

His smile falls a little.

Hyungwon: Is that all we are Bri?

Oh God, don't do this.

Me: What do you mean?

You know what he means!

Hyungwon: Ever since I met you I've been wanting to be more than just friends. I'm not dumb, Kihyun told me you don't really do relationships but I'd like to change that.

Logic, let's use it for a second..

Hyungwon is gorgeous, kind, protective over the ones he cares for, smart, funny and overall a great person. I know he'll make the perfect boyfriend.

Changkyun is also gorgeous, a brat, sarcastic, sneaky, kinky, funny, decently smart, charming, and straightforward. He's like me in a lot of ways. It's no secret I like him, but is the feeling mutual?

What the hell do I do?

Hyungwon: I see you're conflicted.
Me: Huh?
Hyungwon: No need to rush an answer, I want you to be sure about it. So I'll ask you again at the greed island trip.

He smiles resting his head against his pillow.

__

Wonho and Shownu stare at me while I shove obnoxious amounts of food in my mouth.

Wonho: When you said let's hang out I didn't think we'd be watching a live action mukbang.

I pout.

Shownu: What's wrong?
Me: Men are stupid.
Wonho: You're stupid.
Me: Every man except Lee Hoseok is stupid.
Wonho: I agree.

Shownu chuckles, shaking his head lightly.

Wonho: Is this about the Hyungwon and Changkyun thing?
Shownu: Pick Hyungwon.
Wonho: Pick Changkyun.

They stare at each other.

Shownu: Why him?
Wonho: Bri is..and I mean this in the most loving way, a bitch. So she needs someone who can handle her ways.
Shownu: That sounds like an excuse for her to act like a child, she needs someone who can mature her.
Wonho: That's true but Hyungwon seems like he'd fold under pressure.
Shownu: Changkyun seems the same way like he'd get irritated and leave.
Wonho: Well then it's not the boys who are at fault.
Shownu: I agree, she's the problem.

They both turn to look at me.

Me: I heard all of that.
Shownu: Good, now get your shit together.
Wonho: I'm order to make a decision you need to make sure all sides are free. You know Hyungwon is but what about Changkyun? Isn't he dating lavender?

I chuckle.

Me: Violet and I'm not sure.
Shownu: You should find out. That's step one and step two is seeing how he feels.

They're right I've been approaching this whole thing wrong.

Wonho: But you yourself said you don't do relationships, what's changing?
Me: I have no idea.
Shownu: It changed when Changkyun came around.
Wonho: So he's the one?
Shownu: Not necessarily, she started to smile more when Hyungwon came around.

They begin to have another debate over my love life as if I'm not sitting at the same table.

__